Groups

iphone 3g s broken screen

i have bust the screen on my iphone 3g s touch still works, i have found out that iphone's don't bounce on a tiled floor, i have made an appointmet with an apple genius tomorrow, is the only option paying £140 for a refurb phone, also will they just sell me a refurb or do they repair mine and i still get the same phone, also would apple care cover me for this accident, any help would be of great help, anybody recommend these places that replace the screen for £50-£60 that you have to send the phone off to

14 Comments

Would you consider selling it?

Original Poster

i still need the phone and for £140 they will sell me a replacement, so no i would not like to sell it, thanks for asking though:)

A friend of mine I work with got a replacement screen from ebuyer and changed it himself after watching a how to video on youtube. He said it was easy and he is no genius believe me

Replace it yourself, checkout how to vids on youtube

Original Poster

the problem is the phones still got 7 months of warranty left on it, if i replace it myself it voids the warranty on it:whistling:

a quick google shows many places doing repairs for £50 - £60

waycash;8265627

the problem is the phones still got 7 months of warranty left on it, if i … the problem is the phones still got 7 months of warranty left on it, if i replace it myself it voids the warranty on it:whistling:

do you have insurance or household insurance that would cover it

I'd just go to the Apple store and see a genius. £140 and 5 minutes later you'll have a like for like replacement, which isn't a refurbished/repaired handset. By far the best option in my opinion, I've used the genius bar service before myself.

Original Poster

ithomas860;8265634

do you have insurance or household insurance that would cover it

i think my household isurance has a £75-£100 excess, not far off the price to get it swapped plus my insurance would be affected when i renew, thanks though:roll:

Original Poster

nickw90;8265689

I'd just go to the Apple store and see a genius. £140 and 5 minutes later … I'd just go to the Apple store and see a genius. £140 and 5 minutes later you'll have a like for like replacement, which isn't a refurbished/repaired handset. By far the best option in my opinion, I've used the genius bar service before myself.

thanks, do they trensfer everything form my old iphone to the new own, thanks:thumbsup:

No, you will get a blank phone.

Make sure you do a full backup on itunes before you take it in and restore when you get the new one. It will be identical.

nickw90;8265689

I'd just go to the Apple store and see a genius. £140 and 5 minutes later … I'd just go to the Apple store and see a genius. £140 and 5 minutes later you'll have a like for like replacement, which isn't a refurbished/repaired handset. By far the best option in my opinion, I've used the genius bar service before myself.

I second that, I walked in with a cracked back and 10 minutes, and 2 phones later, I had a new one. Just make sure you test the phone before leaving the area.

My first new replacement they issued had a faulty SIM card reader. Glad I went to input my email settings before I left the shopping centre otherwise it would have been a horrible 70'ish mile round trip to get it sorted again.

Original Poster

my phone is unlocked by o2, what do i have to do to get this one unlocked or will the one they supply me be unlocked, thanks

nickw90;8265689

+1001

its a no brainer imo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1629
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6571255
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32171

See more discussions