Groups

iPhone 3G Unlock hlp O2

Hey People!

Ok..I know you are all fed up with the iPhone threads!

Apologies in advance!

Well, I have an iPhone which is jailbroken. Now I was thinking to get my iPhone officially unlocked by O2 so have sent in the request.

Now when I follow their procedure will this block the phone? or when I restore the phone in future..to get rid of the jailbreak will this be removed?

and will unlocking make me lose my texts etc on the phone now? Just that I understand the iPhone is slightly different to other phones and was worried if unlocking it will remove my data?

Thanks

6 Comments

To answer your questions in order:

No
    No
    No
    It won't remove your data

O2 will send you a text. You then switch off your phone, change to a different SIM, switch back on, connect to itunes, itunes will unlock your phone. It will last forever, since your phone's unique identifier is stored on their servers, so it doesn't matter if you restore/upgrade/jailbreak/unjailbreak.

can i ask how you legally unlock with O2, do you have to call them?

As above, where's the best place to start, please don't say ask an o2 guru in store because they don't know jack, lol
    btw my sons iPhone was on o2 as a payg but no longer has a sim.

Thanks
    mark

nwressell;8923241

can i ask how you legally unlock with O2, do you have to call them?

Taz69;8923727

As above, where's the best place to start, please don't say ask an o2 … As above, where's the best place to start, please don't say ask an o2 guru in store because they don't know jack, lolbtw my sons iPhone was on o2 as a payg but no longer has a sim.Thanksmark

shop.o2.co.uk/upd…tml

adambaz;8923757

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

Thanks rep left

dcx_badass;8924929

Or stop been lazy and google o2 unlock iphone and it's like the first … Or stop been lazy and google o2 unlock iphone and it's like the first result.

I did google it clever clogs and it never came up.

I wouldnt have asked if i didnt need the help

Thanks for your advice but no rep left here.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846229
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay411
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764330
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210859

See more discussions