Groups

iPhone 3G vs Cheap Android Phone - Still A Contender?

I have an Orange San Francisco running Android 2.1. It has a nice OLED screen and Android 2.1 but I fancy a change. I've never had an iPhone before and cant quite afford either a 4G or a 3GS, so Im looking at a used 3G.

Does anyone have any opinion of how these still stack up please?

11 Comments

Had 3g for 2 years then moved onto iphone 4. Havent tried the san fransisco but going by specs alone id say your better off with the san fransisco, the 3g is pretty old now.

4G ?

Traitor.:p

Sanf Fran would be miles better than 3G. Bought the wife a san fran for xmas and it's as good as my 3gs IMHO.

even considered selling the 3gs to buy an android phone as I seem as as good as and better support a lot of the time (I like linux too mind!!)

run 2.2 froyo much better!! check out the modaco forum or search it here

Guyver

run 2.2 froyo much better!! check out the modaco forum or search it here

Which ROM do you run? I tried the "jellyfish" codenamed one but didn't find it all that good. Perhaps it's just the changes in 2.2 which I don't like. I didn't like that they removed the "Add to dictionary" feature when you long press on a word. And it deleted all my contacts! Gone back to 2.1 now where everything is working ok... I guess "if it 'aint broke..." rings true in my case!

Bought my wife a 3g, and its waaay slower than my san fran, also screen is no where near as nice. if you go from a san fran to a 3g iphone, you will regret it.....big time.

Having owned both as per above SF wins all around apart from the apps. But yeah the 3g is very slow and sluggish. Save up and go for the 3G S.

Why is there such a craze about San Francisco's?

CoolBeanz

Why is there such a craze about San Francisco's?

Awesome phone for an awesome price

oldmanhouse

Which ROM do you run? I tried the "jellyfish" codenamed one but didn't … Which ROM do you run? I tried the "jellyfish" codenamed one but didn't find it all that good. Perhaps it's just the changes in 2.2 which I don't like. I didn't like that they removed the "Add to dictionary" feature when you long press on a word. And it deleted all my contacts! Gone back to 2.1 now where everything is working ok... I guess "if it 'aint broke..." rings true in my case!

i'm using paul's chinese rip, haven't had any problems with it, main benefit is apps 2 sd!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc36
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions