Groups

Iphone 3G Warranty?

My 1 year warranty with apple on my iphone runs out in a few weeks and i have an annoying problem with it, when slight pressure is applied to the top left of the screen the phone starts to go silent then not slient and jitters for a while, so should i get a free repair? as i see it has a problem with the hardware and not something ive done with it.

14 Comments

When I bought my Iphone ( With O2) They told me warranty was 18 months as that was the minimum contract term

Which makes sense. Take it to O2 shop

ukpbz;5905004

When I bought my Iphone ( With O2) They told me warranty was 18 months as … When I bought my Iphone ( With O2) They told me warranty was 18 months as that was the minimum contract termWhich makes sense. Take it to O2 shop

You've been misinformed.

it's a year.

It'll be 18 months if you take out the insurance.

ukpbz;5905004

When I bought my Iphone ( With O2) They told me warranty was 18 months as … When I bought my Iphone ( With O2) They told me warranty was 18 months as that was the minimum contract termWhich makes sense. Take it to O2 shop

you get 12 mths warranty from Apple.

this can be extended to 2 years by the purchase of Applecare.

best to go to an apple store,if you go to O2 all they will do is send it to Apple anyway

Interesting.

I would like to see how that would stand with Trading Standards.

You can ONLY take a minimum of 18 months contract and as the guy said to me, we would guarentee the phone lasts as long as the contract.

ukpbz;5911456

Interesting.I would like to see how that would stand with Trading … Interesting.I would like to see how that would stand with Trading Standards.You can ONLY take a minimum of 18 months contract and as the guy said to me, we would guarentee the phone lasts as long as the contract.

Total BS,I take it you got nothing in writing,just his "word"

ukpbz;5911456

Interesting.I would like to see how that would stand with Trading … Interesting.I would like to see how that would stand with Trading Standards.You can ONLY take a minimum of 18 months contract and as the guy said to me, we would guarentee the phone lasts as long as the contract.

It doesn't matter.

You can buy a laptop on finance, pay over 48 mths.

Doesn't mean it has a 4 year warranty.

Banned

boothy;5905320

you get 12 mths warranty from Apple.this can be extended to 2 years by … you get 12 mths warranty from Apple.this can be extended to 2 years by the purchase of Applecare.best to go to an apple store,if you go to O2 all they will do is send it to Apple anyway

how much is applecare

dj_urban;5923658

how much is applecare

get it from ebay from one of the US sellers,its about £26 I buy it from then as its about twice the price from Apple

boothy;5923711

get it from ebay from one of the US sellers,its about £26 I buy it from … get it from ebay from one of the US sellers,its about £26 I buy it from then as its about twice the price from Apple

Do they work on the UK phones though?

t0mm;5923727

Do they work on the UK phones though?

yep,where the phone/applecare is bought from makes no difference its merely an activation code for the extended warranty..same for ipods/macs

boothy;5923754

yep,where the phone/applecare is bought from makes no difference its … yep,where the phone/applecare is bought from makes no difference its merely an activation code for the extended warranty..same for ipods/macs

does the extra warranty show up when you type your serial into the site?

t0mm;5923771

does the extra warranty show up when you type your serial into the site?

yes,and if you have a mac account you can view all your agreements through that as well

Banned

boothy;5923711

get it from ebay from one of the US sellers,its about £26 I buy it from … get it from ebay from one of the US sellers,its about £26 I buy it from then as its about twice the price from Apple

what do i get with applecare just an extended warranty of such?

dj_urban;5924502

what do i get with applecare just an extended warranty of such?

yep,1 extra year
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213632
      2. First 2 lucky people.77
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1123
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831532

See more discussions