Groups

Iphone 3G without a contract activated - where do I stand?

Hi All,

Can anyone help?

I was on an O2 £20 per month tarrif and yesterday upgraded to a iphone £35 a month tarrif.

I`ve got my new Iphone, signed the contract etc and it's all working.

I received a call today from the O2 store saying that the contract didnt go through correctly and can I go back in the store to sign it?

As I`ve already got the iphone what would happen if I didn`t go back and sign the new contract? Will they upgrade it automatically or will I be able to keep my existing tarrif (which is O2) and have a new iphone which I`ve paid for?

Just wondering......

Thanks,

Keith

6 Comments

i would imagine they'll block the phone, making it unusable.

would be worth trying to squeeze something else out of them tho for the inconvenience

Original Poster

Thanks, I`ll pop back tonight and see what they say. It explains why visual voicemail was not working though

chicken :-D

tell them u will call in sometime and use as long as possible

CPW (and others I assume) had a clause in their contract that if you didn't activate the handset or cancelled the contract with the network provider within 14 days they'd bill your credit/debit card for the full value of the phone. I would have thought O2 have something similar.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846258
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4175
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764479
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28110

See more discussions