Groups

iphone 3GS

I am thinking of purchasing the iphone 3GS on pay as you go. I have a vodafone contract and was wondering if I unlocked it, would I be able to just put the vodafone sim in and use the internet via vodafone?

If I did the above, could i still get use the apples's apps service without any problems?

Thank You

7 Comments

Yes - it should work fine. I did similarly with a Virgin contract.

Unlocking (jail breaking) is slightly risky but the vast majority are successful.

I'm thinking of doing this, thing is;

I JUST started a contract with Vodafone a few weeks back for 18 month, main reason was to get the HTC Touch Pro2, which I really like but I had a go on the new iPhone the other day and loved it, might see if I can get it traded.

i've got 3G and got it jailbroken and unlocked and inserted my voda contract sim fine. I contacted voda eForum re the settings and they were most happy to confirm them, even tho they knew it was for the iphone. I have added the web flexi pack to my monthly subs tho, so i don't need to worry when I go on line on the iphone..

Banned

As I've mentioned loads in the official iphone thread here, I have used a vodafone sim card from the day the first ultrasn0w 3GS release was er..released!

Works fine.

I have also now, and please don't ask me how - because I genuinely have not got a clue how - have got push working correctly.

Roughly though, I activated officially with a o2 sim, i redsn0wed, i swapped sim cards to voda, redsnowed, ultrasn0wed, and not they just work?!

Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies. :thumbsup:

So can i access all the apps on the appstore as a genuine 02 customer would?

Thanks

instinct;6181116

Thanks for all your replies. :thumbsup:So can i access all the apps on … Thanks for all your replies. :thumbsup:So can i access all the apps on the appstore as a genuine 02 customer would?Thanks

Yep - i have to admit that so far I havent [yet!] used cydia. Simply gone to appstore and downloaded some free apps at the mo!

Original Poster

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764142
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2748
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917255
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846146

See more discussions