Groups
    EXPIRED

iphone 3GS deals?

Hi,
    Does anyone know where to get the best deal for the iphone 3GS?
    My dad wants one and I have been appointed to get him one!

8 Comments

If he wants a contract then id suggest the £35 a month deal on o2. Only downfall about it is that you have to pay a sum for the phone too.

You'll struggle to find many different iPhone deals, 'cos Apple and O2 are *******s. The cheapest method in the long-run, is to buy the 3GS pay as you go (about £420 I think mine was) and get a cheap pay monthly 12 month O2 sim through Quidco. The advantage of this, is you're only paying £20 a month and you're getting a whole load of minutes, messages and unlimited internet. Wheras if you were to get the phone on a pay monthly contract, you'd be paying at least £40 per month with ****** all minutes and messages, and you'd still have to pay a hundred quid for the phone. If you buy the sim through Quidco (See their o2 deals), you get £100 cashback, so it really works out closer to £10 a month for the sim.

Original Poster

Hesky;6394456

You'll struggle to find many different iPhone deals, 'cos Apple and O2 … You'll struggle to find many different iPhone deals, 'cos Apple and O2 are *******s. The cheapest method in the long-run, is to buy the 3GS pay as you go (about £420 I think mine was) and get a cheap pay monthly 12 month O2 sim through Quidco. The advantage of this, is you're only paying £20 a month and you're getting a whole load of minutes, messages and unlimited internet. Wheras if you were to get the phone on a pay monthly contract, you'd be paying at least £40 per month with ****** all minutes and messages, and you'd still have to pay a hundred quid for the phone. If you buy the sim through Quidco (See their o2 deals), you get £100 cashback, so it really works out closer to £10 a month for the sim.

I have actually recently bought him the above mentioned sim.
    but where is the phone from at £420? ...where is the cheapest 3gs at the moment?

also, where is the best place to get it insured from? surely, a £400+ phone needs to be insured! my dad is 53

I apologise, a mistake on my part that. I believe I paid £440, from an Apple store for a 16GB 3GS. The price is the same on the Apple online store.

]http//st…NTQ

Go through Quidco to get 4% back from Apple.

free phone for £44 a month.....cheapest around at min.
    just get a 3G...not a great difference and £10 cheaper a month...

bought the 3gs 32gb with quidco at 4% and using the vodafone sim. much better 3g coverage compared to o2:thumbsup:

wait a month as the o2 monopoly is due to end in october.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).22
      2. Private Number Plate22
      3. Switching from Apple to Andriod - Any advice?2643
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed33

See more discussions