iPhone 3GS FREE Tethering Guide *Simple*

15 replies
Found 30th Oct 2009
Navigate to the following website via Safari on your iPhone:

help.benm.at/hel…php

Download settings, choose the UK, O2 Contract click on confirm to add profile.

Re-boot phone when done & goto settings General - network Internet Tethering turn on.

Plug iPhone into PC via USB & it will find a new network & away you go.

15 Comments

Does this work for Iphone 3G if your on pay as you go?

I did this a while ago and it works really well, obviously use of o2's "fair use" policy but is good for train journeys etc...

Original Poster

Not sure sorry, only done it on a contract iphone.

The Setting options give you either O2 contract or o2 vertigo - not sure what the latter is

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Dude... that website has been out since the 3GS was released - its way old, and at least last time I checked, doesn't support 3.1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone whats happened to you lately? something getting you down?

Original Poster

gary_rip;6732807

He & the Black Hamster have had a lovers tiff.......

Cheers ChrisUK

Original Poster

MANJ_007;6732925

Cheers ChrisUK

No worries mate - I take it that it worked for you ?

I've done it on 2 phones & its worked a treat

ChrisUK;6733017

No worries mate - I take it that it worked for you ?I've done it on 2 … No worries mate - I take it that it worked for you ?I've done it on 2 phones & its worked a treat

Yup, worked a treat. I have unplugged my usb modem and plugged the iphone in, im tpying this with the iphone connection.

Thanks again.

Rep on way

Hi

Is this tethering like using them little 3G internet dongles to go online, except you use your iPhone? Does it work with a normal 3G iPhone?

CHeers

Banned

gary_rip;6732807

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Nothing dude.... just fighting for the dark side these days.

BTW, no one has said if I'm right - does it support 3.1? I heard not.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Deal4Me;6733153

HiIs this tethering like using them little 3G internet dongles to go … HiIs this tethering like using them little 3G internet dongles to go online, except you use your iPhone? Does it work with a normal 3G iPhone?CHeers

Yes it basically acts as a usb modem. And yes i just did it on my normal 3g phone with software 3.0

MANJ_007;6733304

Yes it basically acts as a usb modem. And yes i just did it on my normal … Yes it basically acts as a usb modem. And yes i just did it on my normal 3g phone with software 3.0

Anyone done this on pay as you go yet? Not sure which option to pick as im not on O2 Contract :?

ChrisUK;6732384

Not sure sorry, only done it on a contract iphone.The Setting options … Not sure sorry, only done it on a contract iphone.The Setting options give you either O2 contract or o2 vertigo - not sure what the latter is

Vertigo is pay and go :thumbsup:

EDIT : Just tried but tethering is not available for pay as u go !

Doesn't support 3.1 - only good for people not running the newest update.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)96194
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769271
    3. Rewview sites22
    4. Add one, leave one game54315405
    5. word association Game74244885

See more discussions