Groups

Iphone 3gs help

Hi - I've finally took the plunge and signed up to an iphone deal. I've just read the quick start guide and I have to hook my phone up with I Tunes to activate it. I've never owned an ipod before but my wife has so she has an itunes account. How do I activate my own I tunes account?

Also - I want to protect the screen and casing as much as I can but want it to still look cool. Can anyone recommend a good looking protective case and screen protectors. there are loads on the market but don't want to throw my money away on stuff that looks shoddy and doesnt provide decent protection. Thanks.

7 Comments

Just register to make a new account. Probably easier!

Also be wary of the hard cases, i had one on mine and it lightly scratched the chrome bezel which is annoying.. i now use incipio silicon sleeve. Very good! You can pick up screen protectors cheap enough on ebay.

I use the Incipio feather case it's basically a lightweight shell that protects the back and sides, pack also includes 2 screen protectors, although in theory the screen (glass) should not require protecting if your careful. The Feather is by no means drop-proof however it is very inconspicuous, in keeping with the original iPhone design.

Hope that helps. i2020.co.uk/adv…iv2

Sorry cheaper at Amazon... amazon.co.uk/Inc…8-1

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7574384

You don't need an iTunes account that's just for the store.

I don't want all my wifes music on my iphone tho. When I sync it will bring it all across on to mine wont it??

Original Poster

zermattbusby;7574404

I use the Incipio feather case it's basically a lightweight shell that … I use the Incipio feather case it's basically a lightweight shell that protects the back and sides, pack also includes 2 screen protectors, although in theory the screen (glass) should not require protecting if your careful. The Feather is by no means drop-proof however it is very inconspicuous, in keeping with the original iPhone design.Hope that helps. http://www.i2020.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=incipio%20feather&button_x=5&button_y=11&sort=2a&page=1&osCsid=5u2larht5hq5qam6g0tppi8iv2Sorry cheaper at Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Incipio-Feather-Case-iPhone-3GS/dp/B001M1JLLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263758092&sr=8-1

Perfect - That's just the kind of thing i was after. Have some rep..

dinglebin;7574472

I don't want all my wifes music on my iphone tho. When I sync it will … I don't want all my wifes music on my iphone tho. When I sync it will bring it all across on to mine wont it??

Don't have an iphone but got an ipod touch and I would have thought it would be quite similar. You can set it so you can manually sync stuff so you can only transfer across the stuff you want.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys. The easiest way to keep things seperate is to create another user account on windows xp. My ipod is now synced on there with my music and my wifes is under her XP account with her music. Simples...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423014437
      2. Money Saving Tips...2139
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1433
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710945

See more discussions