Groups
    EXPIRED

Iphone 3gs - HELP

Ok, i know the 4g is out anytime, and that may be my best option. but do not want to spend more than 30-35 a month, and no more than 18 months contract, so can't see the 4g fitting to that anytime soon

So i have refurb as an option - rang o2, went through to cancellations and got offered basically nothing...24months £33 a month for a 16gb refurb.

OR

Business contract - 24 months, upgrade after 12, £33 a month.

any problems with business contracts - can anyone have them? also, what deals have people got via cancellations at 02?

Many thanks all

11 Comments

I've got a business contract, I was told pretty much anyone can have them. I've had no problems with mine.

I've got a business contract too. That 33 might be plus vat, they don't have to quote vat inclusive prices on business contracts.

You will not have the same consumer rights with a business deal and will not have the right to return under the normal distance selling regs........ Would be worth a quick check to make sure.

JonnyLarge;8690392

I've got a business contract, I was told pretty much anyone can have … I've got a business contract, I was told pretty much anyone can have them. I've had no problems with mine.

So does that mean you don't have to own a business to have a business contract?

I got a 16gb 3g for 28 pound per month on 02 with unlimited text and 600 minutes. That is all including vat and 18 month contract

The big benefit of a business contract when I took one out (I'm not a business) was that you could upgrade after 12 months even though it's a 24 month contract. So when the new iphone comes out next month I'll be able to upgrade.

Original Poster

was the 3gs available on the £35 a month for free when it was first released? if so I will wait for the 4G

GaryF;8693099

was the 3gs available on the £35 a month for free when it was first … was the 3gs available on the £35 a month for free when it was first released? if so I will wait for the 4G

No, the lowest it got it for was £42 a month and I had to pay £57. That was a big bargain at the time!

Original Poster

thanks, Rep left.....not helped me make a decision tho!

Assuming you are at the time when you are being offered an upgrade you could switch to O2's sim only deal. This is £20 a month rolling contract so not tied down, then, buy an iphone handset and just pop your sim in or have O2 send you an iphone compatible sim. The £10-15 you save per month over 18 months would leave you with £180 to £270 to spend on an iphone handset plus you will be getting more inclusive texts/minutes than most tariffs they would offer you as part of an upgrade!

Original Poster

daddydeals;8698139

Assuming you are at the time when you are being offered an upgrade you … Assuming you are at the time when you are being offered an upgrade you could switch to O2's sim only deal. This is £20 a month rolling contract so not tied down, then, buy an iphone handset and just pop your sim in or have O2 send you an iphone compatible sim. The £10-15 you save per month over 18 months would leave you with £180 to £270 to spend on an iphone handset plus you will be getting more inclusive texts/minutes than most tariffs they would offer you as part of an upgrade!

Thanks, I probably will go sim only, but I'll probably stick with it, I have a Palm Pre, and am happy with it. Just if I could get a free iphone 3gs or otherwise for around 30-35pp 18 month then i would take it!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34
      2. Phone "Upgrade"912
      3. Wireless Earphones for Running67
      4. I want some backless loafers for men55

See more discussions