Expired

iPhone 3GS - Jailbreak + Unlock available!

Banned 6 replies
Found 3rd Jul 2009
Oh yes.

Link after the jump.....

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
4 Comments

Original Poster Banned

iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

For all the abuse I got for suggesting devteam were ***** for not releasing their stuff - looks like someone agreed with me

Cheers Geohot

i dont get why you would take out a contract and then unlock it though. Or getting it on payg and unlocking as payg iphone 3gs is expensive.

Original Poster Banned

MarzBarz;5652864

i dont get why you would take out a contract and then unlock it though. … i dont get why you would take out a contract and then unlock it though. Or getting it on payg and unlocking as payg iphone 3gs is expensive.

Marz: Simple - I can't get o2 signal. I bought a PAYG iphone instead for mucho money, but now on a £15 voda contract, so works out cheaper.

porter: sorry, I had a quick scan but couldn't see it. Will expire!

vibeone;5652817

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/For all the abuse I got for suggesting … http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/For all the abuse I got for suggesting devteam were ***** for not releasing their stuff - looks like someone agreed with me :)Cheers Geohot

the rational for not releasing all the unlocks is because it is trivial for apple to relock it in a new update. all the exploits they know about are being keep secret and released 1 at a time to prevent apple doing one release to block all.

with big releases, like v3.0, due to bugs and issues not detected in beta testing phase, it was expected (and apple has quickly delivered), a 3.1 version to patch the bugs 3.0 and lock down version of the baseband.

3.1 went to beta 2 or 3 days ago

so, i think geohot wanted to "be the man" with the first 3gs jailbreak/unlock but.. in beta2 of 3.1 i expect it to be locked down.. so his effort is now wasted as apple will probably lock it down before the gold version of 3.1 is released to the public.

so - thanks geohot! your ego won out, you were the first publically, but what use is it now to the public?

Examples of ego:

"Apple fixes, we find new holes. It isn't worth waiting because you might have the "last" hole in the iPhone. What last hole...this isn't golf. **** I'll **** find a new one next week. Also your purplera1nyday files ensure that you can always get back to a jailbroken state, so if you have it it's just a matter of tools."

and:

"On a personal note, I'm sad. Apple, it took me a week to break through your new defenses. And to let us reuse an exploit like that; 24kpwn was so 5 months ago. Although I imagine it must have been painful watching the devices roll by on the assembly line, knowing they all had a hole in them and you couldn't fix it. "
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions