Groups

iPhone 3GS on 3.0 FW

Im guessing this can be jailbroken the normal way? without having to jailbreak each time the iPhone runs out of battery.

7 Comments

what sort of a statement is that

which ones needed jailbreaking each time the battery ran out? lol

yes, all can be done dude, dont worry.

If the phone was made towards the end of last year (from October onwards) then it will need to be tethered jailbreak i.e. need to jailbreak each time phone reboots. If it was made prior to that then only need to jailbreak once.
    Since your phone is on an old firmware I'm guessing the jailbreak will be untethered.

i tried to do my mates, he is on 3.0 and has a 3gs - didnt work!!

Ive done mine, brothers, nephews on 3.1 and 3.1.2 - worked fine

Spriggan;7821730

If the phone was made towards the end of last year (from October onwards) … If the phone was made towards the end of last year (from October onwards) then it will need to be tethered jailbreak i.e. need to jailbreak each time phone reboots. If it was made prior to that then only need to jailbreak once.Since your phone is on an old firmware I'm guessing the jailbreak will be untethered.

How are they doing that? Is it some kind of Flash chip which stores the firmware and overwrites on reboot?

Original Poster

Spriggan;7821730

If the phone was made towards the end of last year (from October onwards) … If the phone was made towards the end of last year (from October onwards) then it will need to be tethered jailbreak i.e. need to jailbreak each time phone reboots. If it was made prior to that then only need to jailbreak once.Since your phone is on an old firmware I'm guessing the jailbreak will be untethered.

Perfect news

Week 43 of last year is around the time it all changed, if the 2 -4 digits of the serial are 943 or less then it should jailbrake ok, after that chances are it'll be tethered although there will be exceptions either side that of number.

redmondpie.com/cat…ne/

Pretty good website for all jailbreaking/unlocking of i-phones
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214

See more discussions