Expired

Iphone 3gs Restore Help

9 replies
Found 27th Aug 2010
Hi i have an iphone 3gs on firmware 4.01.

It is jailbroken through jailbreakme.com which also adds Cydia and i was working great.

I have a problem with cydia not working since i tried in error to add an invalid source.

I want to factory restore through itunes and then jailbreak it again to get cydia reinstalled.

MY QUESTION:

Itunes shows that a newer version of the firmware 4.02 is available, which i obviously dont wont because of jailbreaking and i have not installed.

If i restore my iphone through itunes will it stay at the current firmware i have 4.01?

Many Thanks, im a bit new at the jailbreaking!

9 Comments

Do you have your SHSH saved on Cydia? I'm guessing yes, in which case, just manually download the 4.0.1 firmware, and do a shift-click restore and select the 4.0.1 file that you downloaded. Job done.

Original Poster

Babbabooey

Do you have your SHSH saved on Cydia? I'm guessing yes, in which case, … Do you have your SHSH saved on Cydia? I'm guessing yes, in which case, just manually download the 4.0.1 firmware, and do a shift-click restore and select the 4.0.1 file that you downloaded. Job done.

I have no idea?

I did the Cydia updates and added Installous etc.

If you open cydia, at the top it should say in green writing "this device has SHSHs on file for......."

Original Poster

Babbabooey

If you open cydia, at the top it should say in green writing "this device … If you open cydia, at the top it should say in green writing "this device has SHSHs on file for......."

No it does not.

Original Poster

If i Cydia the front page is fine, however after clicking sources or sections its blank

Original Poster

Cydia Error Message: Malformed line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.listd/cydia.list (dist)

ok, so first you need to get your SHSH saved, follow this link.

Then download 4.0.1 firmware, and do shift-click restore as advised in my other post.

if you can re jailbreak on 4.1 just download the 4.1 ips and use the option to choose your restore ips in itunes

mini0ne

if you can re jailbreak on 4.1 just download the 4.1 ips and use the … if you can re jailbreak on 4.1 just download the 4.1 ips and use the option to choose your restore ips in itunes

Apple have stopped signing 4.0.1 so that wouldn't work

@alexandercooper: if you know how to SSH into your iPhone or have iFile installed on your phone, you can easily fix this error without rejailbreaking. Google it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769598
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz33
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247664
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1013

See more discussions