Groups

Iphone 4 sim problem?

Hiya,

Just got my new micro sim from 02 and inserted it into my iphone 4 which is factory unlocked, for the first few hours it didn’t get a signal or even recognise the sim. My friend told me to restore the phone and then try it but once i did this itunes now just shows this message:

"The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported"

"Only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate this iphone. Please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card.

Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution to fix this?

CD.

7 Comments

Sounds like it's still only recognising the old sim. Firstly try entering yr new serial no. (19 digits I think). If that doesn't work then phone O2 & get them to activate yr new micro sim before u connect to iTunes again

Have you Called the carrier to Activate the SIM ?

Banned

WheresMeNuts

Have you Called the carrier to Activate the SIM ?

this, you need to activate the sim

Original Poster

I have just spoken to 02 and they have told me the sim was activated yesterday.

So they will have to send you another SIM.

The phone was unlocked & then you re-set the iphone ?
    What Carrier was the iphone on before it was unlocked ?
    Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 24th Dec 2010

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

So they will have to send you another SIM.The phone was unlocked & then … So they will have to send you another SIM.The phone was unlocked & then you re-set the iphone ?What Carrier was the iphone on before it was unlocked ?

The iphone is factory unlocked so it has never been on a fixed carrier.
    Might just pop into my local 02 shop and ask for a replacement micro sim.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1750
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1928
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767279
      4. Spotify Family Premium share716

See more discussions