Found 19th Jan
Hello, I just need a bit of advice, a feriwnd of mine is giving me her old iPhone 4, it's not been used for a while and she thinks it was locked to O2, how do I go about unlocking it? Would it "unlock" itself as it's not been used? Maybe it's a dumb question to some of you, but advice would be helpful

1. Ask
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. iPhone
8 Comments

This happened to us we just went into the Apple shop.
Told them we wanted it unlocked and they did it for free .
would recommend you book an appointment so you not hanging about waiting.
Apparently it is only when purchased from Apple that it is not locked.

LillyM

Hello, I just need a bit of advice, a feriwnd of mine is giving me … Hello, I just need a bit of advice, a feriwnd of mine is giving me her old iPhone 4, it's not been used for a while and she thinks it was locked to O2, how do I go about unlocking it? Would it "unlock" itself as it's not been used? Maybe it's a dumb question to some of you, but advice would be helpful

macworld.co.uk/how…27/

Original Poster

shauneco

If it was locked to O2 then it will still be locked to O2, Best thing … If it was locked to O2 then it will still be locked to O2, Best thing would be to get an O2 paymonthy customer to request it to be unlocked, Other than that you could be an O2 payg sim and put a £15 top up and request it to be unlocked.

Cool, my partner's an o2 customer so I'll ask him to help, I gather we'll have to put his sim in, and do it like that, so that's cool thanks for your help!
Edited by: "LillyM" 19th Jan

Original Poster

KEOS

This happened to us we just went into the Apple shop. Told them we wanted … This happened to us we just went into the Apple shop. Told them we wanted it unlocked and they did it for free .would recommend you book an appointment so you not hanging about waiting.Apparently it is only when purchased from Apple that it is not locked.

Cool if either of the other 2 options don't work, I'll try that thanks for your help!

Original Poster

xfaxfa

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-unlock-your-iphone-use-any-sim-2016-uk-3501427/#toc-3501427-1

I've checked the link so will try that first, thanks for your help!

LillyM

Cool, my partner's an o2 customer so I'll ask him to help, I gather we'll … Cool, my partner's an o2 customer so I'll ask him to help, I gather we'll have to put his sim in, and do it like that, so that's cool

Think he might, I'm with Vodafone and they require that the sim is used in the mobile for at least a month before they will unlock it.

Original Poster

shauneco

Think he might, I'm with Vodafone and they require that the sim is used … Think he might, I'm with Vodafone and they require that the sim is used in the mobile for at least a month before they will unlock it.

Cool, I'll see, there seem to be quite a few options to do it, so should be cool
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv33
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed430
    3. Computer upgrades22
    4. THOMSON TUI 2 CRUISE PROBLEM - ANY HELP APPRECIATED33

See more discussions