iPhone 4 Vodafone - Will they take order and wait for PAC code in 30 days?

Hi All,

I am on a O2 iPhone Simplicity plan, and wanted to change to iPhone 4 on Vodafone on launch day. iPhone O2 Simplicity plan requires 30 days of notice - so:

Do you think if Vodafone will allow me to give them a PAC code after signing a contract? Even in 30 days time?

9 Comments

Original Poster

Cheers for the link.. I think I might just go and post in their eForum..

Banned

Vodafone is slightly different to other networks in that you can ONLY transfer at purchase time. You can't give them a PAC code afterwards, and you won't be given a temporary number like other networks.

You do know that Vodafone have capped their fair usage policy so watch out for that if you plan on using it loads.

Banned

fern37;8800226

You do know that Vodafone have capped their fair usage policy so watch … You do know that Vodafone have capped their fair usage policy so watch out for that if you plan on using it loads.

1gb on iphone tariffs though (and my sim only because i moaned!)

Original Poster

vibeone;8800217

Vodafone is slightly different to other networks in that you can ONLY … Vodafone is slightly different to other networks in that you can ONLY transfer at purchase time. You can't give them a PAC code afterwards, and you won't be given a temporary number like other networks.

Humm that is a nightmare - this could mean that I can't get iPhone 4 at launch day!

Alternatively for me is to sign up for a PAYG o2, get it unlocked and buy a 12 month sim only contract from Vodafone..

The whole issue here is that O2's network is soooo slow!

what about orange?

Original Poster

Haven't tried them myself for networks - my flat mate signed up for Orange and they said that the signal is excellent in our flat, but when his phone arrives, he get really signals and he ended up returning the phone..

good to know

Original Poster

I have called O2 yesterday and they confirmed that they can issue me a PAC when ever I wanted (after 24 hours). The final bill will be sent to me in 14 days later after porting.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764062
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2132
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846106
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1867

See more discussions