Found 24th Dec 2016
Will replacing battery delete my unread texts? Or u recommended I read them before attempting this?

1. Ask
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. iPhone
11 Comments

no they are in the cloud

foes4you

no they are in the cloud

No they're not, they're on the devices flash memory and won't be lost.

Original Poster

Thanks! Reason I ask years ago I had 377 unread texts on a Sony Ericsson w880i. Done a software update via phone and all those unread texts deleted

machomansavage

Thanks! Reason I ask years ago I had 377 unread texts on a Sony Ericsson … Thanks! Reason I ask years ago I had 377 unread texts on a Sony Ericsson w880i. Done a software update via phone and all those unread texts deleted

Do you save every text you get and open them all at the end of the year or something?

Original Poster

Comment

Snakeyes646

Do you save every text you get and open them all at the end of the year … Do you save every text you get and open them all at the end of the year or something?

yep its a phobia a rare one...

Original Poster

http://38.media.tumblr.com/aad7b38ebab42ca165cedfcee63a237d/tumblr_ngbyqgEyw11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Good grief people really shouldn't answer if they don't know.

If your battery is replaced by apple they reinstall the latest version of IOS. it wipes everything so archive first. if it's done in a phone shop (not apple) they don't.

beware with a phone shop as often the battery is rubbish.

Original Poster

jonnithomas

Good grief people really shouldn't answer if they don't know.If your … Good grief people really shouldn't answer if they don't know.If your battery is replaced by apple they reinstall the latest version of IOS. it wipes everything so archive first. if it's done in a phone shop (not apple) they don't.beware with a phone shop as often the battery is rubbish.

THANK YOU!!! Im glad i waited im currently running ios 6 as its the fastest firmware and everything looks glossy and great ios7 on wards never gripped me. Thank you for letting me know ill read em first then do it

Why don't you read your text ?

Your phone should also back up to the cloud. So in theory a restore would bring them back

When you backup to iTunes before breaking your phone all the messages will also be backed up.
support.apple.com/kb/…_GB
So when you restore or connect to iTunes your messages will miraculously be back on your phone.

Original Poster

foes4you

When you backup to iTunes before breaking your phone all the messages … When you backup to iTunes before breaking your phone all the messages will also be backed up.https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519?locale=en_GBSo when you restore or connect to iTunes your messages will miraculously be back on your phone.

Even if running iOS 6 with iTunes 11 or earlier?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710972
    2. IGN have acquired Humble Bundle1011
    3. Leicester sack their manager!811
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564064

See more discussions