Groups

iPhone 5 known issue with faulty sleep (on/off) button - Apple repairing/replacing for free.

Apple has determined that the sleep/wake button mechanism on a small percentage of iPhone 5 models may stop working or work intermittently. iPhone 5 models manufactured through March 2013 may be affected by this issue.

Apple will replace the sleep/wake button mechanism, free of charge, on iPhone 5 models that exhibit this issue and have a qualifying serial number.

8 Comments

Original Poster

I got my iPhone 5 in 2012 and it has a qualifying serial number. My button has been playing up for ages.
    Edited by: "robertr" 23rd Jun 2014

Thanks, mine starting to be a pain in the ae for a few weeks now I'll get straight on the case in the morning. Any idea if it's the walk in and wait or keep it for a while guessing there's going to be a fair few

Original Poster

dbhoy

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/iphone-5-sleep-wake-button-free-repair-from-apple-some-handsets-check-eligible-1890011

I searched MIsc, why was this posted as a deal??

craigblakeway123

Thanks, mine starting to be a pain in the ae for a few weeks now I'll get … Thanks, mine starting to be a pain in the ae for a few weeks now I'll get straight on the case in the morning. Any idea if it's the walk in and wait or keep it for a while guessing there's going to be a fair few

From what I've seen, they take the phone in and send it off for repair, takes about a week or so, but if you ask for a loaner phone they should provide one. Just make sure you've backed up all your data.

Why does it need a qualifying serial number? Surely if its broke, its broke.

For my ipad1, its broken too (on the home button). Fortunately if you enable accessibility-mode, you can get an onscreen Home key, but it really is pretty poor these quality problems exist.

Old news.

Really old news.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Asda having major issues with deliveries today55
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767403
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28114
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway33

See more discussions