Groups

iPhone 5 replacement battery help please

I wish to replace my battery as the life is less than a day, I don't want to pay silly money but can anyone recommend a replacement one that holds its charge and supply me with a link please?

12 Comments

TBH all I got from a new one was just under a day.

it's not that easy to open up and replace.

jonnithomas

it's not that easy to open up and replace.

​It's very easy to open up and replace

personally I found the finger print reader cable very very fiddly to reconnect.

jonnithomas

personally I found the finger print reader cable very very fiddly to … personally I found the finger print reader cable very very fiddly to reconnect.

​it's a 5 not a 5s... done my daughters 5c using kit on amazon and seems to be fine that was bout a month ago.

justanothercid

​it's a 5 not a 5s... done my daughters 5c using kit on amazon and seems t … ​it's a 5 not a 5s... done my daughters 5c using kit on amazon and seems to be fine that was bout a month ago.

oops

Original Poster

Mogolent

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252549506262?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=7a93295e9b964b7b859278ad3efa1849&pid=100338&rk=1&rkt=30&mehot=pp&sd=262849157416&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1 cheapest

Have you used this one Mogolent?

Original Poster

justanothercid

​it's a 5 not a 5s... done my daughters 5c using kit on amazon and seems t … ​it's a 5 not a 5s... done my daughters 5c using kit on amazon and seems to be fine that was bout a month ago.

Have you a link to it please? I dont want to replace it with one just as bad as the old one?

Is it too late for this one to fall under the battery replacement program that Apple were doing?

Edit:- Still on the Apple site:

apple.com/sup…ry/
    Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 8th Mar

Original Poster

It doesn't qualify on the apple site unfortunately

Changed the battery in a 5 on Saturday. £5 battery from eBay and 15mins max to change. Needed a hairdryer to loosen the sticky tape which holds the battery down. Used a battery app to check new one was good. Not sure how long it will last but phone is now sold. The main thing to be aware of is to be very carful when releasing the screen from the case. YouTube and iFixit will give instructions but no need to completely remove screen if you are careful.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2838
      2. love affairs2060
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61481
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17856381

See more discussions