iPhone 5 - what do you want to see?

52 replies
Found 17th Apr 2011
If you're an iPhone owner, what do you want to see to stop you from switching to android?

52 Comments

If it stayed the same as the iPhone 4 I wouldnt swap, however I am sure they will do some special to attract people from androids to switch.

Original Poster

what is that special thing you want to see tho?

would NFC, really be helpful? :s

A £400 reduction in the PAYG price!

Original Poster

I'd like to see a 3D option not much use for one, but I'm sure apple will create a use

Android !!!

Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, something in par with the Desire S size with dual core chip, slim design and a 5mp camera with dual LED flash.

and no aerial issues,....lol

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk

Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, … Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, something in par with the Desire S size with dual core chip, slim design and a 5mp camera with dual LED flash.and no aerial issues,....lol

I'd like the same, an increase RAM with a 4" screen

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk

Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, … Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, something in par with the Desire S size with dual core chip, slim design and a 5mp camera with dual LED flash.and no aerial issues,....lol

dual LED flash? - can I ask why?

Original Poster

kev_u8701r

Android !!!

If android would buck its ideas up and make its apps more professional and smooth, then I would already be back there!

Banned

StevenA2000_uk

Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, … Personally I'd like to see a slightly smaller form factor than the 3GS/4, something in par with the Desire S size

Isn't the iPhone 4 already smaller than the Desire S?

Delivery report for text messages and a radio would be nice.

FilthAndFurry

Isn't the iPhone 4 already smaller than the Desire S?

Nope.

Banned

StevenA2000_uk

Nope.

It is. Not really worth arguing about though. You're wrong, I'm right. Check the specs if you want.

Sbsettings and bitesms as standard

mum2b

Delivery report for text messages and a radio would be nice.

Delivery report would be good - and a better battery life.

bossyboots

Delivery report would be good - and a better battery life.

Battery in the iPhone 4 is brilliant.

I'd like to see the

A5 CPU,
edge to edge screen,
capacative home button,
8MP camera (iphone 4's 5mp camera is already 5X better than my desires pathetic 5mp camera) White model on release
more RAM

FilthAndFurry

It is. Not really worth arguing about though. You're wrong, I'm right. … It is. Not really worth arguing about though. You're wrong, I'm right. Check the specs if you want.

Thats ok, I dont mind simply because you are wrong in every other thread you try to 'debate'.

I always accidentally mute myself or try to start a facetime call by touched my ear on the screen during a call. V annoying. I hope iphone 5 has sorted that out

Original Poster

ScRiVs

Battery in the iPhone 4 is brilliant.I'd like to see the A5 CPU, edge to … Battery in the iPhone 4 is brilliant.I'd like to see the A5 CPU, edge to edge screen, capacative home button, 8MP camera (iphone 4's 5mp camera is already 5X better than my desires pathetic 5mp camera) White model on release more RAM

Agreed, although I am not entirely impressed with my battery :s

And the capactive home button sounds good, although I dont want it hindering the jailbreaking process

Original Poster

Little Munchkin

I always accidentally mute myself or try to start a facetime call by … I always accidentally mute myself or try to start a facetime call by touched my ear on the screen during a call. V annoying. I hope iphone 5 has sorted that out

Apple can sort this for you already! It seems you have a problem with your proximity sensor and its not turning your screen off when put to your ear ring tech support and book an appointment

Little Munchkin

I always accidentally mute myself or try to start a facetime call by … I always accidentally mute myself or try to start a facetime call by touched my ear on the screen during a call. V annoying. I hope iphone 5 has sorted that out

Sounds like your proximity sensor is bust, get a replacement!

james_lfc

Apple can sort this for you already! It seems you have a problem with … Apple can sort this for you already! It seems you have a problem with your proximity sensor and its not turning your screen off when put to your ear ring tech support and book an appointment

ooooo great minds!

I'd like it to be compatible to use it as a wifi to connect ps3 or xbox for Online gaming. Ps3-iphone and i'd buy it tomorrow. Well june when its actually out.

Original Poster

gmdlogan

I'd like it to be compatible to use it as a wifi to connect ps3 or xbox … I'd like it to be compatible to use it as a wifi to connect ps3 or xbox for Online gaming. Ps3-iphone and i'd buy it tomorrow. Well june when its actually out.

You'd need loads of data!! And a network provider that couldn't give a sh*t

And I've heard that it may be a September release?

Little Munchkin

I thot you were very 'vocal'..... LOL.....

ScRiVs

Battery in the iPhone 4 is brilliant.I'd like to see the A5 CPU, edge to … Battery in the iPhone 4 is brilliant.I'd like to see the A5 CPU, edge to edge screen, capacative home button, 8MP camera (iphone 4's 5mp camera is already 5X better than my desires pathetic 5mp camera) White model on release more RAM

Its an Iphone 4 I have - only had it few weeks but have to charge every night as battery goes to red by evening. I wouldnt say I use it excessively either.

Solar powered battery would be sweeeeet!!!

james_lfc

Apple can sort this for you already! It seems you have a problem with … Apple can sort this for you already! It seems you have a problem with your proximity sensor and its not turning your screen off when put to your ear ring tech support and book an appointment

Thanks i'll give them a call tomorrow although if my phone has to be sent off that's a no go for me can't be without it for more than half an hour i'll sit in a corner shaking

StevenA2000_uk

I thot you were very 'vocal'..... LOL.....

hello trouble yes very vocal and it gets too much for my phone so it mutes me...i'm sure many people would like to be able to do the same to me

64GB or more..

Original Poster

Little Munchkin -

You'll be given 4 choices-

A) Restore and update ( they will say this will fix the problem but it probably won't, so just say you've already done this )

B) Go to an apple store and they sort it, most probably replace it there an then

C) Send it to them, wait a few days for your new one to arrive

D) Have your card charged with a £510 frozen amount, whilst they send you a new one, once you receive the new one, send your old one back and you won't be charged anything

dymondgeezer

Solar powered battery would be sweeeeet!!!

That would be useful.

Also a memory card slot (nothing worse than losing valuable data when phones conk out)

To be able to use it in either hand, and without a "condom" over it.

Oh and for Apple to make network operators supply these SIM FREE by default, I mean really we are in 2011 and many people spend time out of the country. For some these PDA/Smartphones are just as important beyond the borders.

A guide telling us how to hold it properly, so we don't lose network.

kyashwanth36

yawn

kyashwanth36

Yep, totally agree. They kinda left that part out with the iPhone4 until they had sold plenty of them.

Banned

A larger screen and something like pixel Qi technology.
Edited by: "bykergrove" 18th Apr 2011

solar power would be useless. Im not sure about anybody else, but my phone spendst 99% of the day either in my pocket or covered by my hand.

Only thing I would want is a microSD port. The microSD cards are becoming so cheap now, I doubt Apple would ever implement one.

It's time now for a 4 inch screen it's the sweetspot IMO
Backlit apple logo would be cool
Solar powered battery
Apart from that there's not much else
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge36
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black11
    3. CEX grading67
    4. Lost my CEX membership Card?33