Found 9th Dec 2014
I've bought my Daughter an iphone 5s for Christmas and i'm looking for a case to protect it as much as possible. When in the Carphone Warehouse the salesman showed me the case he has on his, which protected his phone even when he threw it on the floor. I think it was the Tech 21.

Does anyone know if the case is any good? I've seen it for around £25-£30 at various places, but there's one on Amazon for £16 and i'm wondering if that's a genuine one or a cheaper/fake version?

Thanks in advance

22 Comments

if you don't trust the price then don't buy it and as for amazon and ebay your most likely to get a fake and as for the Tech 21 its great but I've seen better like my sister bough a case for her iPhone 5s for £10 and dropped it on the the floor several times and no damage still. Can't remember the name of the case but I'll ask her later.

Original Poster

Edot123

if you don't trust the price then don't buy it and as for amazon and ebay … if you don't trust the price then don't buy it and as for amazon and ebay your most likely to get a fake and as for the Tech 21 its great but I've seen better like my sister bough a case for her iPhone 5s for £10 and dropped it on the the floor several times and no damage still. Can't remember the name of the case but I'll ask her later.

Thank you

The salesman in the shop really threw his phone at force. It bounced round a fair bit and there was no (visible) damage. My daughter is only 13 so I want to make sure her phone has as much protection as possible to save me having to keep paying out for new screens.

vics219

Thank you :)The salesman in the shop really threw his phone at force. It … Thank you :)The salesman in the shop really threw his phone at force. It bounced round a fair bit and there was no (visible) damage. My daughter is only 13 so I want to make sure her phone has as much protection as possible to save me having to keep paying out for new screens.

You could go for the Incipio Foreman Case its not that fashionable but great for protecting your daughters phone and the reason why I would recommend the Tech21 is because of the D30 around the case.

Original Poster

Edot123

You could go for the Incipio Foreman Case its not that fashionable but … You could go for the Incipio Foreman Case its not that fashionable but great for protecting your daughters phone and the reason why I would recommend the Tech21 is because of the D30 around the case.

I'll have a look at that one, thanks

your welcome

vics219

Thank you :)The salesman in the shop really threw his phone at force. It … Thank you :)The salesman in the shop really threw his phone at force. It bounced round a fair bit and there was no (visible) damage. My daughter is only 13 so I want to make sure her phone has as much protection as possible to save me having to keep paying out for new screens.

I think you're being sensible however if she is thirteen, I guarantee she will remove that kind of protective cover the minute your back is turned, it won't be "cool". Maybe more chance of her keeping a thinner cover on, which is less obvious but will still protect the phone if not when bouncing it off the floor.

Original Poster

therealslimkaty

I think you're being sensible however if she is thirteen, I guarantee she … I think you're being sensible however if she is thirteen, I guarantee she will remove that kind of protective cover the minute your back is turned, it won't be "cool". Maybe more chance of her keeping a thinner cover on, which is less obvious but will still protect the phone if not when bouncing it off the floor.

She's actually quite sensible really, she's had her ipad for almost 3 years and kept a case on it the whole time so it doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm just conscious of the fact she'll be out and about with her phone and accidents happen, so the more protection the better really.

I did look at that Incipio Foreman Case though and I don't think she'd be too happy with it.

If you want strong go for an Otterbox Defender - awesome cases but not 'very cool'.

otterbox.co.uk/app…ses

vics219

The £17.95 one at Amazon

Just because the amazon one is cheaper doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake. CPW accessories are always expensive

Original Poster

ipswich78

If you want strong go for an Otterbox Defender - awesome cases but not … If you want strong go for an Otterbox Defender - awesome cases but not 'very cool'.http://www.otterbox.co.uk/apple-iphone-cases

Thanks, i'll check those out

Try the slim amour at play.com. A lot cheaper but does the job. Never had a problem with mine. Different colours.

check out sector 5 ones,

I always use the hard rubber skech cases there amazing quality and stop any damage to the edges.

Original Poster

tallpete33

Just because the amazon one is cheaper doesn't necessarily mean it's a … Just because the amazon one is cheaper doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake. CPW accessories are always expensive

That's what I was wondering. I've seen a few that are obvious fakes, but wasn't sure about this one. If it's genuine, it's a great deal as they're usually £25-£30 as far as I can see.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have a look at them all

have a look at Spigen cases as well....but make sure you buy it from spigen not from ebay/amazon as there is high chance of you getting a fake ones
had it on my iPhone 5 no problem....I was impressed with the quality of the case now I have it on my 6 Plus.
Edited by: "adam659" 9th Dec 2014

Thread tided up, if anyone has an item to sell then you should be using the FS/FT section only.

Original Poster

bigflump

Thread tided up, if anyone has an item to sell then you should be using … Thread tided up, if anyone has an item to sell then you should be using the FS/FT section only.

Thanks flumpy

Banned

bigflump

Thread tided up, if anyone has an item to sell then you should be using … Thread tided up, if anyone has an item to sell then you should be using the FS/FT section only.

[img]http://static2.dmcdn.net/static/video/606/090/25090606:jpeg_preview_large.jpg?20100924114813[/img]

You wan buy dvd?

Original Poster

bazzamone

[img]http://static2.dmcdn.net/static/video/606/090/25090606:jpeg_preview_large.jpg?20100924114813[/img]You wan buy dvd?

X)

skimpyandchips

Try the slim amour at play.com. A lot cheaper but does the job. Never … Try the slim amour at play.com. A lot cheaper but does the job. Never had a problem with mine. Different colours.

i have my eye on this too
think they're pretty cheap on amazon at the moment (they are for my phone anyway, in a particular colour)
i like the kickstand, but the only thing holding me back is i think it may be too thick to fit in to my snug sleeve
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass711
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?33
    3. Items broken from argos - will I get replacement or refund?66
    4. Printer help please.57

See more discussions