Groups

iPhone 5s home button not responsive.

I noticed that my home button has suddenly stopped responding. Touch id works fine but when i am in an app then i have to click the home button several times quickly and firmly for it to respond. Any fixes? I am aware of the assistive touch virtual home button.

8 Comments

Take it to an apple shop and tell them you want it fixed as it should be useable for 6 years under consumer law

jase.2

Take it to an apple shop and tell them you want it fixed as it should be … Take it to an apple shop and tell them you want it fixed as it should be useable for 6 years under consumer law

Yeah be interesting to see what Apple offer . I took a replacement 5 into 2 stores , it was about 7 months old and was told the aerial had broken and wanted £200 for replacement
    Edited by: "plodging" 20th Dec 2016

You may find you just have some grease on it. Use a cotton bud and gently push the home button in with it and wipe all around. My home button used to get sticky on my old 4S and this always did the trick. In my case I think it was make up that got smeared on it.

It happened to me today as well, i just restarted my phone and it was then working fine

jase.2

Take it to an apple shop and tell them you want it fixed as it should be … Take it to an apple shop and tell them you want it fixed as it should be useable for 6 years under consumer law

Isn't that assuming the phone was bought outright from apple directly -i.e. Is the retailer?

Do some searching on YouTube which should help if it isn't hardware related. There is supposed to be a fix for this

Usually get it fixed in a big Tesco

Just a thought. Once fixed there is an accessibility option so the home button is on your touch screen. After my previous home button on my last phone broke I only ever use this now. Not physical/mechanical so won't break.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111319
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1639
      3. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      4. Biscuit addiction2060

See more discussions