Groups

iPhone 5s or 5

Hi forever helpful people
    What's best deals bout at mo for iPhone 5s or 5 basically he wants the Touch ID one, even better b looking for year contract if contracts the best option

Cheers as always

23 Comments

Are you looking for a contract or just a phone? Does it have to to 5 or 5s? What about SE or 6 or 6s?

Original Poster

Cheers 4 reply just looking for cheap one for little one but he wants Touch ID
    Could buy 2nd hand but by time you bought sim you're prob better off getting contract ??

Don't buy the 5 then as it doesn't have touch id, if a refurbished one suits the 5s is usually really cheap.

steveo73

Cheers 4 reply just looking for cheap one for little one but he wants … Cheers 4 reply just looking for cheap one for little one but he wants Touch IDCould buy 2nd hand but by time you bought sim you're prob better off getting contract ??

5s, the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple.

Original Poster

Ok but will b cheaper on contract in long run

BigBlueDot

5 is still supported, well, still receives current software updates if that is what you mean. The bigger issue is no touch id. If it has to have touch id, it has to not be a iPhone 5.

BigBlueDot

Stop talking rubbish

Have a look at the refresh deals on o2 refurbished iPhones you could get a SE better than a 5S and will last longer for £149 using the refresh trick.

Original Poster

eslick

Have a look at the refresh deals on o2 refurbished iPhones you could get … Have a look at the refresh deals on o2 refurbished iPhones you could get a SE better than a 5S and will last longer for £149 using the refresh trick.

Refresh trick ??

Basically you buy a phone on o2 refresh, then you cancel the contract and pay off the device. Ends up much cheaper.

cossy3

Stop talking rubbish

Yep, professional iOS developer doesn't know what's coming up.

Original Poster

AndrewRoss

Basically you buy a phone on o2 refresh, then you cancel the contract and … Basically you buy a phone on o2 refresh, then you cancel the contract and pay off the device. Ends up much cheaper.

Ok do I speak to 0e refresh

AndrewRoss

5 is still supported, well, still receives current software updates if … 5 is still supported, well, still receives current software updates if that is what you mean. The bigger issue is no touch id. If it has to have touch id, it has to not be a iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 is a 32-bit device. Upcoming changes to iOS 11 will kill off 32-bit apps. The iPhone 5 will not be getting updated apps.

BigBlueDot

Yep, professional iOS developer doesn't know what's coming up.

You didn't say that, you said "the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple". I would be concerned if you were a professional developer tbh.

steveo73

Ok do I speak to 0e refresh

Read this thread hotukdeals.com/dea…329

For the steps.

cossy3

You didn't say that, you said "the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple". … You didn't say that, you said "the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple". I would be concerned if you were a professional developer tbh.

That's cool. I've no problems with people ignoring my advice.

cossy3

You didn't say that, you said "the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple". … You didn't say that, you said "the 5 isn't supported any more by Apple". I would be concerned if you were a professional developer tbh.

The 5 isn't supported by Apple anymore. There are no more software updates.

steveo73

Refresh trick ??

£153 almost perfect, probably tiny scratch but 12 months o2 warranty and some appple warranty left. £177 like new normally with over 9 months warranty left

hotukdeals.com/mis…504
    o2.co.uk/sho…hly

I updated mine 3 days ago? Phone still works fine but i agree i probably wouldnt buy a new one now as its old tech

Original Poster

Ok so should go with 5s, tried o2 refresh worked out lot more expensive

Go with the 5S as it has a 64 bit CPU (which also came with significant performance improvements) and Touch ID. It still runs great and should get iOS 11 at the very least.

Original Poster

Cheers I'll look around 4 deals
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      3. word association Game73844456
      4. Royal Mil track and trace45

See more discussions