iPhone 6 battery replacement

Found 27th Mar
So I have decided to finally take the plunge and booked an appointment with Apple to get my battery replaced.

I have a few questions for anyone who has done this.

1. Is it still £25 or is there a way of getting this done cheaper?
2. Do I have to backup my phone as I do not have enough space on iCloud? Do they do a factory reset?
3. Will they replace with a new battery of the same spec or better or will I get a refurbished one?

Thanks.
Community Updates
11 Comments
jamstaruk19727 m ago

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

That is for the 6s and only some of them.

The battery change for other models is here support.apple.com/en-…ing
Edited by: "windym" 27th Mar
Original Poster
jamstaruk197245 m ago

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Thanks but not eligible for iPhone 6.
Original Poster
windym38 m ago

That is for the 6s and only some of them.The battery change for other …That is for the 6s and only some of them.The battery change for other models is here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service/pricing

Thanks for your confirmation.
1. Yes £25 - You may be able to get it cheaper but with some cheap and nasty battery.
2. You need to back up as with all hardware repairs there is a chance they will need to replace the device due to unforseen hardware problem( Mine was done with no problems or update)
3. New battery( can check before and after with a app called battery life )
Op - have you been experiencing issues with your phone? I have an iPhone 6 as well, issues I have I would say is since the latest software update, the battery drains much quicker than before, and on the rare occasion, the phone freezes when in an app, so have to force turn off the phone. Wonder if a new battery could fix all that.
Edited by: "jordanleno" 28th Mar
Original Poster
jordanleno6 h, 19 m ago

Op - have you been experiencing issues with your phone? I have an iPhone 6 …Op - have you been experiencing issues with your phone? I have an iPhone 6 as well, issues I have I would say is since the latest software update, the battery drains much quicker then before, and on the rare occasion, the phone freezes when in an app, so have to force turn off the phone. Wonder if a new battery could fix all that.

Yes battery is draining much faster than before hence the replacement. Have not experienced the freezing issue but sometimes the battery dies or phone switches off even if there is some power. When I plug into a power source then it switches on with the amount of remaining battery.

BTW I have to pre order the battery from Apple as none of the shops have it in stock. So there is a lead time of about 5 weeks.
I got my 6s done thought it was going to be £25 but they gave it to me for free
Original Poster
xbaassassin2 h, 5 m ago

I got my 6s done thought it was going to be £25 but they gave it to me for …I got my 6s done thought it was going to be £25 but they gave it to me for free

Yes 6s users have been offered free replacement.
sydney8719 h, 58 m ago

Yes battery is draining much faster than before hence the replacement. …Yes battery is draining much faster than before hence the replacement. Have not experienced the freezing issue but sometimes the battery dies or phone switches off even if there is some power. When I plug into a power source then it switches on with the amount of remaining battery. BTW I have to pre order the battery from Apple as none of the shops have it in stock. So there is a lead time of about 5 weeks.

That switching off randomly issue I do not have...yet. Could have been a result of too many knocks on the phone, I read somewhere that could be a factor? Hopefully your new battery makes a difference.
Original Poster
jordanleno2 h, 25 m ago

That switching off randomly issue I do not have...yet. Could have been a …That switching off randomly issue I do not have...yet. Could have been a result of too many knocks on the phone, I read somewhere that could be a factor? Hopefully your new battery makes a difference.

Hope so have hardly dropped my phone and have a decent cover. Anyway let’s see.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants