iPhone 6 charging help

Found 13th Jul
Anyone facing the same issue as me in that when I connect my iPhone for charging it does not always charge but after fiddling with the lighting cable it charges and I have to be careful not to change the position as it will stop charging. It is very annoying to say the least.

I have tried cleaning the charging port and changed cables .

Also, anyone notice that while driving iPhones do not charge when in Do Not Disturb mode . Anyway of getting this changed .
Community Updates
5 Comments
Sounds like the charging port is lose inside. If you have tried different cables and adaptors
I know you’ve mentioned you’ve tried cleaning but get a paper clip or something similar and scrape it inside. Not rough but not gentle and you’ll often find a lot of pocket fluff etc.

If that doesn’t solve tings, it will be the charging port and you’ll have to get it replaced.
Had same problem I used a vacuum cleaner hose to suck the dirt out, have you tried airplane mode for charging while driving or just turn volume down you don’t have to answer
Bargainhead2 h, 9 m ago

Had same problem I used a vacuum cleaner hose to suck the dirt out, have …Had same problem I used a vacuum cleaner hose to suck the dirt out, have you tried airplane mode for charging while driving or just turn volume down you don’t have to answer

Thanks I will try vacuuming. Do not want to set airplane mode as my phone connects to the car Bluetooth system. Have not tried with volume down.
I’ve had similar and suggest cleaning the lightening port as above, however I wouldn’t use a paper clip. The metal can damage the charging port. Use a tooth pick or similar, but not metal, go for plastic or wood.
When I did mine, the cable ‘clicked’ snugly into place, that was after removing quite a large amount of fluff though!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants