iPhone 6 screen repair in Birmingham

Found 28th Nov 2017
Can anyone recommend any phone repair store in central Birmingham for broken iPhone 6 glass? Roughly how much it costs? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskApple
13 Comments
I could only recommend the Apple store! Too many cowboys with low quality screens knocking about. I think it’s £136
They're very easy to replace yourself. I've done loads. The replacement screens can be a bit hit and miss. I usually get mine via Amazon for free returns.
deleted1597344
If your feeling brave have ago yourself very easy, can’t go wrong with a screen from here Replacebase. If not then just take it to Apple, you will pay a little more but at least you know what your getting. As already said, far too many cowboys about.
.MUFC.10 h, 4 m ago

They're very easy to replace yourself. I've done loads. The replacement …They're very easy to replace yourself. I've done loads. The replacement screens can be a bit hit and miss. I usually get mine via Amazon for free returns.

I have fixed a few screens for people too, got fed up in the quality of the screens in the end like you said they are hit and miss and the colours are usually poor.

They always say genuine part on the listings

When I broke my own phone I took it to Apple
Dannyrobbo1 h, 57 m ago

I have fixed a few screens for people too, got fed up in the quality of …I have fixed a few screens for people too, got fed up in the quality of the screens in the end like you said they are hit and miss and the colours are usually poor. They always say genuine part on the listings When I broke my own phone I took it to Apple

I agree but the replacement screens on Amazon are under £20, I think the best cheap ones are LLTrader or something. My daughter can't tell any difference colour wise. I could on a few of them. £136 v £20 for a sometimes inferior screen is worth the trade off. You could replace the screen several times ;). Especially since it's a few years old now. You can buy them for less than £150. I've sold some to Cex in the past and they couldn't tell any difference so could trade it in after fixing. Another problem I've encountered is that Apple sometimes disable touch ID when it detects a replacement screen. Yes that's after keeping the original home button and ribbon/cable. So I just buy from Amazon and send back any that give me trouble.
Thanks a lot all, I only remembered a while ago I saw an youtube video about replacing the GLASS on the screen, although being a DIY-friendly person that was way too risky to do.

I know changing the whole LCD+glass would be a lot easier but I did not know the LCD+glass kit is this cheap now. Now I'm definitely going to replace the whole bit myself. A small mark appeared on the original LCD anyway.
.MUFC.2 h, 19 m ago

I agree but the replacement screens on Amazon are under £20, I think the …I agree but the replacement screens on Amazon are under £20, I think the best cheap ones are LLTrader or something. My daughter can't tell any difference colour wise. I could on a few of them. £136 v £20 for a sometimes inferior screen is worth the trade off. You could replace the screen several times ;). Especially since it's a few years old now. You can buy them for less than £150. I've sold some to Cex in the past and they couldn't tell any difference so could trade it in after fixing. Another problem I've encountered is that Apple sometimes disable touch ID when it detects a replacement screen. Yes that's after keeping the original home button and ribbon/cable. So I just buy from Amazon and send back any that give me trouble.

I got sick of people calling up after a few weeks saying there were issues that I just stopped doing it. I just wouldn’t bother risking a questionable part on my own phone, I’ve heard a few horror stories especially with the iPhone 6 of the backlight IC getting burned out from shorts from these screens that I’d really rather spend the money to get it done properly with a repair warranty. It’s expensive but it’s nothing it’s your phone that you probably spend 5 hours a day looking at you don’t want to be constantly fixing screen issues especially if you don’t break it often
yulu911 h, 42 m ago

Thanks a lot all, I only remembered a while ago I saw an youtube video …Thanks a lot all, I only remembered a while ago I saw an youtube video about replacing the GLASS on the screen, although being a DIY-friendly person that was way too risky to do. I know changing the whole LCD+glass would be a lot easier but I did not know the LCD+glass kit is this cheap now. Now I'm definitely going to replace the whole bit myself. A small mark appeared on the original LCD anyway.

I recall trying to change digizer itself and nearly impossible without breaking the LCD.
Dannyrobbo26 m ago

I got sick of people calling up after a few weeks saying there were issues …I got sick of people calling up after a few weeks saying there were issues that I just stopped doing it. I just wouldn’t bother risking a questionable part on my own phone, I’ve heard a few horror stories especially with the iPhone 6 of the backlight IC getting burned out from shorts from these screens that I’d really rather spend the money to get it done properly with a repair warranty. It’s expensive but it’s nothing it’s your phone that you probably spend 5 hours a day looking at you don’t want to be constantly fixing screen issues especially if you don’t break it often

£20 v £136!. My daughter's latest screen has lasted a several months. Why spend £136 on a mobile worth sub £150?. Don't make economical sense. If it was iPhone 7 fair enough.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 29th Nov 2017
.MUFC.18 m ago

£20 v £136!. My daughter's latest screen has lasted a several months. Why s …£20 v £136!. My daughter's latest screen has lasted a several months. Why spend £136 on a mobile worth sub £150?. Don't make economical sense. If it was iPhone 7 fair enough.

Maybe if I was on a tight budget or smashing the screen every few months, but I just wouldn’t unless I could source a good quality screen which from experience you can’t be sure of. It’s not worth my time I’d rather get it replaced properly and be sure it’ll not let me down. Personal preference really
Dannyrobbo38 m ago

Maybe if I was on a tight budget or smashing the screen every few months, …Maybe if I was on a tight budget or smashing the screen every few months, but I just wouldn’t unless I could source a good quality screen which from experience you can’t be sure of. It’s not worth my time I’d rather get it replaced properly and be sure it’ll not let me down. Personal preference really

Upon checking the "Replacebase" mentioned earlier they are selling some OME screens that they claim to be exactly the same with the Apple ones and with the warranty I've decied to give it a go.
yulu919 m ago

Upon checking the "Replacebase" mentioned earlier they are selling some …Upon checking the "Replacebase" mentioned earlier they are selling some OME screens that they claim to be exactly the same with the Apple ones and with the warranty I've decied to give it a go.

Good luck with that it’s what they all say, it really is easy just make sure you power it down and disconnect the battery while you are doing it! If you need any help give me a shout!
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 29th Nov 2017
I have now replaced the screen and I really want to recommend "Replace Base". The price is a bit higher than those on Amazon or Ebay but the service was first class.
The first screen (non-OEM) I bought from them was faulty (blacked out after a few moments use) then I decided to get the OEM version because the colour of the Non-OEM version did looks a bit different (cooler tone) than original screen. The second screen works perfectly now!
They dispatch really prompt and very fast delivery. The refund of the first screen was also very quick, also £4.4 of return postage was refunded! Now very happy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants