iPhone 6 screen replacement.

7 replies
Found 13th Jun
Hi all. can anyone recommend a decent place to get a new screen for a iPhone 6? willing to do it myself to change them over. so not looking for a repair service just a decent screen. been looking all over the place the the price range is massive, from £14 on eBay all the way up to £80 on other sites.

7 Comments

From previous experience most replacement screens fail, It's a lottery getting a decent one, Buy cheapest then sell it and buy another that hasn't had screen replaced.

I normally get them from Amazon - seller LL Trader is the seller I normally use. Screens have been decent and I've replaced a few. Don't forget to swap over the metal part from your phone screen and the home button/sensor otherwise the fingerprint sensor won't work. I normally just get the full screen with the camera etc. already attached and then just swap over the bits required.

redbutcher

I normally get them from Amazon - seller LL Trader is the seller I … I normally get them from Amazon - seller LL Trader is the seller I normally use. Screens have been decent and I've replaced a few. Don't forget to swap over the metal part from your phone screen and the home button/sensor otherwise the fingerprint sensor won't work. I normally just get the full screen with the camera etc. already attached and then just swap over the bits required.

+1 replace a few for friends and usually buy off that trader on eBay. Not had a problem with 5 & 6 screens but had a few duff 4S screens off other sellers. Spend a small amount extra to get the complete assembly as redbutcher says, but do swap the home button. The main problem is the later the phone gets the smaller the screws get.

Original Poster

redbutcher

I normally get them from Amazon - seller LL Trader is the seller I … I normally get them from Amazon - seller LL Trader is the seller I normally use. Screens have been decent and I've replaced a few. Don't forget to swap over the metal part from your phone screen and the home button/sensor otherwise the fingerprint sensor won't work. I normally just get the full screen with the camera etc. already attached and then just swap over the bits required.

​Just a update. I took the plunge and brought the whole unit from LL Trader. screen works fine and would use again. but alas it's not the screen that gone but the back light :-( not sure where to sort that out to as it looks like it will require some soldering on the main logic board.

talset

​Just a update. I took the plunge and brought the whole unit from LL T … ​Just a update. I took the plunge and brought the whole unit from LL Trader. screen works fine and would use again. but alas it's not the screen that gone but the back light :-( not sure where to sort that out to as it looks like it will require some soldering on the main logic board.

​the backlight is part of the screen assembly, which is what you surely bought?

misterleoni1 h, 53 m ago

​the backlight is part of the screen assembly, which is what you surely b …​the backlight is part of the screen assembly, which is what you surely bought?

It has a special lighting coil/chip on the motherboard too which often fail due to water damage.

Original Poster

shauneco

It has a special lighting coil/chip on the motherboard too which often … It has a special lighting coil/chip on the motherboard too which often fail due to water damage.

​this is what the problem is. I have tried the screen in my iPhone and it works fine. seen on eBay that it can be fixed for around £35 haven't sent it off yet, as still unsure about if it's safe to.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions