iPhone 6 WiFi problem

Found 23rd Jul
Hi need some help my iPhone 6 seems to be playing up ..
When I’m on WiFi at home the last few days it seems to stick everything won’t load properly won’t connect to Internet when browsing it times out only cure is to keep switching WiFi on and off on my phone constantly
I’ve tried restarting my internet box loads of times and internet is working fine for other things and no known issues in my area
I’m not sure if it has anything to do with me updating my phone to latest software few days ago but when I’m connected to WiFi any where else or WiFi not on everything is fine ? Also restarted phone but still keeps doing it
Any advice please ? Thanks x
Community Updates
25 Comments
It's a comman issue.
My brother in law GPS stopped working
I updated my sons iPhone 5s to the latest software the other day and the exact same happened to it. Try forget network then turn off device, turn back on and reconnect to network. Solved our problem.
bo84gle8 m ago

I updated my sons iPhone 5s to the latest software the other day and the …I updated my sons iPhone 5s to the latest software the other day and the exact same happened to it. Try forget network then turn off device, turn back on and reconnect to network. Solved our problem.

Exactly what I was going to suggest . If all else fails you may have to do a total reset.
Thanks will give it ago
bo84gle1 h, 41 m ago

I updated my sons iPhone 5s to the latest software the other day and the …I updated my sons iPhone 5s to the latest software the other day and the exact same happened to it. Try forget network then turn off device, turn back on and reconnect to network. Solved our problem.

Tried but after a little while doing same thing have to keep turning WiFi on and off
I've had this problem on two iPhone 6 devices and both times it was the signal antenna. Your phone signal, Bluetooth and GPS signal might not work either or if they do work the signal will be poor. One of these: replacebase.co.uk/iph…BwE

Have to take main board out to fix it :(. I successfully did it though, Twice.
Phone signal is fine no problems whatsoever just WiFi here
.MUFC.17 m ago

I've had this problem on two iPhone 6 devices and both times it was the …I've had this problem on two iPhone 6 devices and both times it was the signal antenna. Your phone signal, Bluetooth and GPS signal might not work either or if they do work the signal will be poor. One of these: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/iphone-6-replacement-signal-antenna-oem/?keyword=&creative=46191494154&gclid=CjwKCAjw-dXaBRAEEiwAbwCi5szisNmcigcX0N8Djo0WuXrzVjm9Qhj9rxFi29FPZgHSLRwu5eEmIBoCAUMQAvD_BwE Have to take main board out to fix it :(. I successfully did it though, Twice.

janey7013 m ago

Phone signal is fine no problems whatsoever just WiFi here

Come to think of it, My daughter has been moaning about her wifi recently. probably a glitch with the latest update. She reset hers so not sure if it's corrected the issue.
.MUFC.7 m ago

Come to think of it, My daughter has been moaning about her wifi recently. …Come to think of it, My daughter has been moaning about her wifi recently. probably a glitch with the latest update. She reset hers so not sure if it's corrected the issue.

Reset phone ? Or just settings
Have to take logic board out and replace wifi flex most likely. Never update iPhones to latest firmware, ever hear of planned obsolescence ??
Got an iPhone 6s on iOS 10 , not updating just for the speed factor. It will be unusable as soon as i update it to ios11
janey7012 m ago

Reset phone ? Or just settings

She reset her whole iphone. You could try resetting network settings first. That might work. It resets the wifi as well etc.
.MUFC.5 m ago

She reset her whole iphone. You could try resetting network settings …She reset her whole iphone. You could try resetting network settings first. That might work. It resets the wifi as well etc.

Tried doing network settings and didn’t work
Have you tried resetting your router? or going on someone else's wifi?
.MUFC.10 m ago

Have you tried resetting your router? or going on someone else's wifi?

Yes to all of the above works fine on daughters WiFi and at works WiFi reset my router numerous times
janey7010 m ago

Yes to all of the above works fine on daughters WiFi and at works WiFi …Yes to all of the above works fine on daughters WiFi and at works WiFi reset my router numerous times

Sounds like a problem with your router or perhaps it doesn't like the wifi channel or something. I know some can be funny.

Is it a dual band router? you could try connecting to the 5G band or 2.3G etc. Also could try changing the wifi channel/s etc..
.MUFC.13 m ago

Sounds like a problem with your router or perhaps it doesn't like the wifi …Sounds like a problem with your router or perhaps it doesn't like the wifi channel or something. I know some can be funny. Is it a dual band router? you could try connecting to the 5G band or 2.3G etc. Also could try changing the wifi channel/s etc..

It’s a virgin router I have 5g and 2g options but does it on both my I pad which is a older one and only running 10 something is fine as is my smart tv and everything else 😞
I can only suggest changing wifi channels and see if that helps. Virgin superhub wifi is notoriously crap.
Exactly the same with me since the upgrade , (ios 11.4.1) I never had any problems before. At least I'm not on my own with the problem.
.MUFC.13 m ago

I can only suggest changing wifi channels and see if that helps. Virgin …I can only suggest changing wifi channels and see if that helps. Virgin superhub wifi is notoriously crap.

Can change WiFi channels in my WiFi settings which I have done loads and have had no problems apart from few days ago so don’t know 😞
steve.t16 m ago

Exactly the same with me since the upgrade , (ios 11.4.1) I never had any …Exactly the same with me since the upgrade , (ios 11.4.1) I never had any problems before. At least I'm not on my own with the problem.

Glad I’m not imagining it if u find a cure please let me know
Thanks will have to look on virgin media site
Looking on vm and apple forums a few things have been tried..... to no avail.
I have wrote this to send to vm but it won't let me send at the moment.

"It seems there is an issue.(which I have) Apple 11.4.1 and superhub 2...... constantly freezing and having to connect/reconnect. From what I read VM are saying it is
an apple problem, apple are saying it is a VM problem. Is there a way of getting the superhub 3 or do you know the latest as to if/when it will be fixed....thanks"

Opening times for chat 8am to 8pm.....yet says "Sorry, the team are currently unavailable, please try again during our opening times."
Edited by: "steve.t" 23rd Jul
steve.t3 h, 9 m ago

Looking on vm and apple forums a few things have been tried..... to no …Looking on vm and apple forums a few things have been tried..... to no avail.I have wrote this to send to vm but it won't let me send at the moment."It seems there is an issue.(which I have) Apple 11.4.1 and superhub 2...... constantly freezing and having to connect/reconnect. From what I read VM are saying it isan apple problem, apple are saying it is a VM problem. Is there a way of getting the superhub 3 or do you know the latest as to if/when it will be fixed....thanks"Opening times for chat 8am to 8pm.....yet says "Sorry, the team are currently unavailable, please try again during our opening times."

I might try and call them 2moz to see if I can get a super hub 3 out of them but won’t hold my breath
It may be the WiFi bug. If it is then you have to forget network and then reset the router back to factory settings then reset it up and connect to it. It’ll then be fine for a while and will happen again. Misses has this problem all the time, advice from Apple and I don’t have the issue at all ever.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions