iPhone 6s battery replacement.

Found 17th Feb
I would like to get my iPhone 6s battery replaced while Apple are doing it cheap but I have cracks at the bottom both sides of the screen which doesn’t interfere with the function of the phone and I barely notice them there so I’ve never bothered getting it repaired.

My question is, will Apple refuse to do it unless I get the screen fixed first and is there any chance they will fix a screen cheaply considering that I wouldn’t need the screen fixing if they hadn’t messed about with the software causing me to need a new battery in the first place?

I know I’m probably expecting too much but is it worth asking them?
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPhones
15 Comments
you do need the screen to be intact. apple has set prices on each part. i believe screen is something like 160
support.apple.com/en-…age
Original Poster
mattsk7 m ago

you do need the screen to be intact. apple has set prices on each part. i …you do need the screen to be intact. apple has set prices on each part. i believe screen is something like 160https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/screen-damage

Thanks. That seems expensive for them to fit it. Any idea how much a genuine one is if you fix it yourself?
XSerenityX5 m ago

Thanks. That seems expensive for them to fit it. Any idea how much a …Thanks. That seems expensive for them to fit it. Any idea how much a genuine one is if you fix it yourself?

not sure but ive read that often there is an issue with the fingerprint scanner if you get the aftermarket one. someone else should be able to advise.
Original Poster
mattsk4 m ago

not sure but ive read that often there is an issue with the fingerprint …not sure but ive read that often there is an issue with the fingerprint scanner if you get the aftermarket one. someone else should be able to advise.

Okay thanks for your help.
I doubt you can buy a genuine Apple screen. Why not take it to an Apple store, they can only say no? Fingerprint scanner is not an issue as long as you swap from your existing screen.
paul123edwards1 h, 7 m ago

I doubt you can buy a genuine Apple screen. Why not take it to an Apple …I doubt you can buy a genuine Apple screen. Why not take it to an Apple store, they can only say no? Fingerprint scanner is not an issue as long as you swap from your existing screen.

This, anyone who says theyre genuine Apple screens is lying. You may get very good quality but not originals. Just take it in and try, worst case get scrern replaced elsewhere then take it back.
Original Poster
deleted159734417th Feb

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/apple-iphone-6s-lcd-touch-screen-assembly-complete-assembly-without-home-button-black-oem/

Thanks for that. I’d never heard of that site. 😃
deleted1597344
XSerenityX22 m ago

Thanks for that. I’d never heard of that site. 😃

Can’t recommend them enough, very good company. I buy all my spares from them never had any issues.
deleted159734417th Feb

Can’t recommend them enough, very good company. I buy all my spares from t …Can’t recommend them enough, very good company. I buy all my spares from them never had any issues.

Am I right in thinking these are genuine Apple screens I buy and fix all mine and friends and family from eBay but I know the screens can't be genuine. Because they are around £15-£20
deleted1597344
larrylightweight2 h, 8 m ago

Am I right in thinking these are genuine Apple screens I buy and fix all …Am I right in thinking these are genuine Apple screens I buy and fix all mine and friends and family from eBay but I know the screens can't be genuine. Because they are around £15-£20

Yes these are OEM.

This configuration of the LCD assembly is manufactured by Apple or one of its licensed vendors.
Apple will 100% change the battery even with a faulty or none genuine lcd. I recently took my daughters iphone 6, Touch ID doesn't work and I told them it wasn't a genuine lcd etc. They suggested that should they break it then they wouldn't be responsible, I stated if they broke the screen I would just replace that again myself but still wanted the battery changing. They made me sign a disclaimer and changed the battery.

He stated they're not bothered about mods or replacement parts in the case of replacing the battery.
They should replace it regardless as you’re not contacting about the screen. I bought one off eBay to replace myself (screen). Just be careful when you’re putting it back together as one screw is longer than the rest and can damage the logic board. Found that out the hard way.
My iPhone 6s doesn't have 3D touch, although it shows it in settings.

You could get the battery replacement for free depending on when your iPhone was manufactured: apple.com/sup…wn/
Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies. They’ve been very helpful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants