IPhone 6s free battery replacement out of warranty

Found 6th Feb
Hi. I have an iPhone 6s, it's out of warranty but Qualifies for the free battery replacement. (Unexpected shutdowns) . But the iPhone has been previously opened. So would Apple still replace the battery or not.

I would be mailing the iPhone in with a free box they provide.

How would I send the box? Through Royal mail? Has anyone mailed In their iPhone?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPhones
8 Comments
First I heard of this but looking forward to your replies to see if I can get this done. Not that I really have an issue with mine yet.
qwales38 m ago

First I heard of this but looking forward to your replies to see if I can …First I heard of this but looking forward to your replies to see if I can get this done. Not that I really have an issue with mine yet.

It's this: apple.com/uk/…wn/
Usually not but depends on what it was opened for and what has been fitted. Screens are easily spotted by their service center if you’ve had that replaced
Just go to your closest Apple Store, and they will replace it for you, just book an appointment with them first, I've got booked with them for next Saturday In Leeds as my 6s is overheating recently with no reason, will see what they will say
Drifter241 h, 14 m ago

Just go to your closest Apple Store, and they will replace it for you, …Just go to your closest Apple Store, and they will replace it for you, just book an appointment with them first, I've got booked with them for next Saturday In Leeds as my 6s is overheating recently with no reason, will see what they will say

Mines out of warranty, so I'm not sure if it would be free. As the battery replacement would be free. I ideally wanted to get an memory upgrade chip 256gb. Fitted by someone then try get the battery replaced free of charge by apple if that was possible if they'd allow that. Maybe adding a light up apple logo, not sure if that would be OTT. As I've already ordered the chip.
I have just had a battery replaced on my daughters iphone 6, They don't care if it's got a replacement screen or has been modded etc.. They knew my daughters iphone had a third party screen that has slightly lifted and touch id didn't work because I have previously replaced the home button. They stated that because it's a third party screen should they break it then they wouldn't be held liable and I would need the screen replaced. I told them that if they broke the screen then I'd replace that part myself. I signed a disclaimer and they changed the battery. The screen actually fits better now, I think the previous battery must have expanded slightly which is quite common.

My daughter iphone is much better, She is very happy as it still had 51% charge when she returned home from school, Previously her battery would randomly switch off and require charging several times during the day!.

Mine was done in store.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 6th Feb
Drifter242 h, 55 m ago

Just go to your closest Apple Store, and they will replace it for you, …Just go to your closest Apple Store, and they will replace it for you, just book an appointment with them first, I've got booked with them for next Saturday In Leeds as my 6s is overheating recently with no reason, will see what they will say

The Leeds store is a nightmare, I went to go try and repair my iPhone under warranty but they wouldn't have none of it, In the end they changed the battery but made me wait around town for 2 hours!
Manny5046 m ago

The Leeds store is a nightmare, I went to go try and repair my iPhone …The Leeds store is a nightmare, I went to go try and repair my iPhone under warranty but they wouldn't have none of it, In the end they changed the battery but made me wait around town for 2 hours!

A few years back I had a problem with charging my iPhone 5 after about 8 months of use, went there and they just gave me a brand new iPhone instead of fixing that, so it worked fine for me so far with Leeds store
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants