iPhone 7 battery fault - Apple replace the phone or battery?

Found 4th Jul
Hi,

the battery in on my iPhone is faulty and drains rapidly, when I go into an Apple store for a repair will they swap out the battery or give me a refurb device and send me on my way?

the last time I replaced an iPhone prob about 8 years ago they did just give me a new/refurb device, but appreciate things might have changed.
thanks
Dan
Community Updates
8 Comments
they will probably tell you to get stuffed and say its a specific app that is draining your batter, which is what they told me a few weeks ago and it turned out to be correct
I thought if you pay £25 They replace the battery
jase.21 h, 10 m ago

they will probably tell you to get stuffed and say its a specific app that …they will probably tell you to get stuffed and say its a specific app that is draining your batter, which is what they told me a few weeks ago and it turned out to be correct

They can run a diagnostic to check battery health. If it came up clean the App was a fair assumption.

To the OP. It depends on actual fault and age of device. The battery is serviceable in store. If it has poor health odds on it will be a repair.

If they detect a different hardware issue, probably a replacement. Certainly worth making sure you do a back up before going in.
Thanks the reason I ask, the home button just smashed on my iPhone (after battery issues). So was hoping a replacement would also solve that problem but I don’t think that’s likely?
borat123412 m ago

Thanks the reason I ask, the home button just smashed on my iPhone (after …Thanks the reason I ask, the home button just smashed on my iPhone (after battery issues). So was hoping a replacement would also solve that problem but I don’t think that’s likely?

Not sure Apple will even touch it with a smashed button anyway (unless your paying for a out of warranty repair).
It’s abiut the max cap %. If it’s below 85% or something then they should replace it for £25.
If the home button is smashed, then they will charge you to fix that first, then they will replace the battery. I had one done a while ago, it wasn’t directly through apple but through car phone warehouse. They charged £25.
If they find that the battery is faulty they're likely to exchange the battery rather than replace the device. Especially with faulty home button. They will probably offer to repair the home button for a price but you can refuse and insist they just replace the battery.

If the battery isn't faulty and is out of warranty they'll probably offer to exchange it for £25.

The faulty home button won't impact the warranty. The battery may have swelled causing the home button to break so in that case they may repair that too. I've known swollen batteries to break screens but not shatter home buttons but I guess it's possible.

They even exchanged a battery on an iPhone that had a replacement lcd. They just made me sign a disclaimer to state that if they broke it they wouldn't be responsible.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 5th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions