iPhone 7 home button replacement?

Found 3rd Jul
Hi,

does anyone one know if it’s possible to get a third party phone repair shop to replace an iPhone 7 home button?

ive read that only Apple can do, but all the info seems quite old so hoping some progress has been made in this area?

Thanks in advance
Dan
Community Updates
AskiPhone 5s
7 Comments
Third parties can do it but touch id will not work.
Edited by: "master10" 3rd Jul
Maybe I’m wrong but there is not mechanical home button on iPhone 7. It’s just a part of the glass display with a taptic engine sending a vibration... what is not working and you would like to change ?
Yeah it’s just glass not a button.

it does look like it’s just the glass but it also won’t work at all, comes up with an error on startup and doesn’t recognise any touches on it/no vibration to indicate it’s been pressed
It's not part of the glass, Can be changed but touch ID won't work. Unless Apple do it.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Jul
borat12343rd Jul

Yeah it’s just glass not a button.it does look like it’s just the glass but …Yeah it’s just glass not a button.it does look like it’s just the glass but it also won’t work at all, comes up with an error on startup and doesn’t recognise any touches on it/no vibration to indicate it’s been pressed

Does the screen work, or is it cracked etc? It could be the screen is faulty as the middle button connects to a ribbon on the screen. If the screen is faulty at least touch I'd will work with a new screen.
The first response is correct. Touch ID will not work if replaced by thrid party.
That’s a shame, button is completely smashed (no idea how as had no impact).

Wheres the the best place to sell a broken iPhone 7? What kind of money could I get for it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions