iPhone 7 Plus 256gb or iPhone 8 64gb

Found 29th Dec 2017
So my auntie has offered me her iPhone 7 Plus 256gb for £450... I was thinking of waiting for the iPhone 8 to drop price but was looking around the £600 mark. Should I buy the 7 Plus or just wait until 8 drops in price? Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

Nither, Apple are going through Lawsuits for the Software codes to reduce performance of older iphones !
dont waste you money on them is my advice- Plenty of other good phones out there

7 plus IMO. I don’t see the fuss about the 8 tbh. This is from someone who has a 7 though

I just got a normal 8 and I love it! Tbh any of the iPhones are pretty decent they stay functional for years despite this new performance thing my 6s is still going strong and isn’t slow.

Android phones are pretty much useless 2 years down the line and drop off the update schedule

Just got my X and my old 7 plus 256gb was great. 64gb is too small for music and pics/video unless you’re just a business user.

why people need 64 or more gb of memory? use bloody cloud storage and download when needed

Original Poster

Cheers guys great help(angel)

Original Poster

Dolphinzz23 m ago

7 plus IMO. I don’t see the fuss about the 8 tbh. This is from someone who …7 plus IMO. I don’t see the fuss about the 8 tbh. This is from someone who has a 7 though

Dolphinzz23 m ago

7 plus IMO. I don’t see the fuss about the 8 tbh. This is from someone who …7 plus IMO. I don’t see the fuss about the 8 tbh. This is from someone who has a 7 though

With that being said, the benchmark tests between iPhone 7 and 8 have a significant difference

Original Poster

mattsk2 m ago

why people need 64 or more gb of memory? use bloody cloud storage and …why people need 64 or more gb of memory? use bloody cloud storage and download when needed

I know, my current phone is 16gb and I’m doing fine lmao

mattsk6 m ago

why people need 64 or more gb of memory? use bloody cloud storage and …why people need 64 or more gb of memory? use bloody cloud storage and download when needed

When you’re on holiday in South America, you’ll find out!

After 6 weeks vacation I had 8000 pics and videos lol.

Forget internet even at hotels.

Why watch your phone memory?
You’ll regret it.

If you just use it minimally then go for 64gb. Good luck selling it on too.
Edited by: "jr007" 29th Dec 2017

Original Poster

jr0075 m ago

When you’re on holiday in South America, you’ll find out! After 6 weeks vac …When you’re on holiday in South America, you’ll find out! After 6 weeks vacation I had 8000 pics and videos lol.Forget internet even at hotels. Why watch your phone memory? You’ll regret it.If you just use it minimally then go for 64gb. Good luck selling it on too.

Good point actually, I’ve had to delete about 3GB of picture from holidays etc

jr00718 m ago

When you’re on holiday in South America, you’ll find out! After 6 weeks vac …When you’re on holiday in South America, you’ll find out! After 6 weeks vacation I had 8000 pics and videos lol.Forget internet even at hotels. Why watch your phone memory? You’ll regret it.If you just use it minimally then go for 64gb. Good luck selling it on too.

I have to agree but 8000 pictures seems excessive. I have 5000 but I’ve had my phone for 9 months (with at least 100-200 of them from my old phone).

I don’t understand how to use iCloud anyway. I know it backs up images but don’t know how to access them afterwards

JackAlex6424 m ago

With that being said, the benchmark tests between iPhone 7 and 8 have a …With that being said, the benchmark tests between iPhone 7 and 8 have a significant difference

I guess, but what are you going to use the phone for and how long will you need it? The extra storage is worth the loss of performance (as such)

Original Poster

Dolphinzz2 m ago

I guess, but what are you going to use the phone for and how long will you …I guess, but what are you going to use the phone for and how long will you need it? The extra storage is worth the loss of performance (as such)

Like you said; depends what you use it for. I already own a 16gb and cope fine, the multi core speed on iPhone 8 is double that of a iPhone 7, since apple have said about the phones slowing down, I’d guess the 8 would last a lot longer than 7 over time

JackAlex6457 m ago

Like you said; depends what you use it for. I already own a 16gb and cope …Like you said; depends what you use it for. I already own a 16gb and cope fine, the multi core speed on iPhone 8 is double that of a iPhone 7, since apple have said about the phones slowing down, I’d guess the 8 would last a lot longer than 7 over time

Judging by what you have said, I think your mind is made up so any points I make will make no difference anyway

jr0079 h, 1 m ago

Wtf , who takes 8000 photos on holidays they took less during moon landing

Original Poster

Dolphinzz10 h, 33 m ago

Judging by what you have said, I think your mind is made up so any points …Judging by what you have said, I think your mind is made up so any points I make will make no difference anyway

True but I wanted to hear other opinions before making this decision as the price difference for me is quite a lot

I’ve been quoted around £400-425 by websites who buy your phone like Mazuma.

I would buy your Aunt’s phone and save £400 for something else to save up for. If it is in mint condition.

She probably could get more selling it on.
Edited by: "jr007" 30th Dec 2017

Dolphinzz12 h, 26 m ago

I have to agree but 8000 pictures seems excessive. I have 5000 but I’ve h …I have to agree but 8000 pictures seems excessive. I have 5000 but I’ve had my phone for 9 months (with at least 100-200 of them from my old phone).I don’t understand how to use iCloud anyway. I know it backs up images but don’t know how to access them afterwards

Just go to iCloud.com, log in and click on photos. Then click upload or download depending what you want to do.

I find it slow but due to 4K file size.

You can download the app to Mac or Win pcs to download or upload pics or vids.

iCloud is useful for backing up files or the whole phone if you want to pay for the storage.
Edited by: "jr007" 30th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions