iPhone 7 plus contract upgrade

Found 3rd May 2017
Hi guys i wonder if you could help. I'm looking to upgrade my phone contract with o2. I rang up for an upgrade but their price seems to be lot more than other phone companies. Would you recommend mobiles.co.uk via uswitch limited?

uswitch.com/mob…z0z

8 Comments

Have you tried going through the cancellation process with o2 to see what you are offered

jnorbury

Have you tried going through the cancellation process with o2 to see what … Have you tried going through the cancellation process with o2 to see what you are offered

I wouldn't bother. Spent an hour on live chat and the phone with them, who said they can't price match mobiles.co.uk or mobilephonesdirect.co.uk.

I've used both of these sites and they've been fine. Only way to get decent deals now, the companies direct are awful price wise.

You won't be able to take out another o2 contract through these sites and take your old number though as this is "backdoor upgrading".

Original Poster

jnorbury

Have you tried going through the cancellation process with o2 to see what … Have you tried going through the cancellation process with o2 to see what you are offered

I firstly called O2 and the cheapest they can offer me is £44.00pm and £150 upfront for the handset then contacted carphone wearhouse as i signed my last contract with them but unfortunately they can't price match either.

Original Poster

TomJacobs93

I wouldn't bother. Spent an hour on live chat and the phone with them, … I wouldn't bother. Spent an hour on live chat and the phone with them, who said they can't price match mobiles.co.uk or mobilephonesdirect.co.uk.I've used both of these sites and they've been fine. Only way to get decent deals now, the companies direct are awful price wise. You won't be able to take out another o2 contract through these sites and take your old number though as this is "backdoor upgrading".

Thank you for the info. I know i've tried everything but they didn't go down in price and refused to price match...other thing thats stopping me is that i can't keep my old number.

If you take a new deal on O2 and not upgrade you can call O2 and do what they call an O2 Migration....effectively move your existing number to the new contract. So if you find a cheap "new customer" deal you can still have it. CPW own most of the mobiles direct etc so won't match. If you have any warranty issues then CPW can deal with repairs etc even though effectively you didn't buy directly from them.

Call O2 to confirm with them that they still do migrations and you may get the deal you're after anyway to save the hassle etc.

Hope that helps?

Original Poster

mickiem

If you take a new deal on O2 and not upgrade you can call O2 and do what … If you take a new deal on O2 and not upgrade you can call O2 and do what they call an O2 Migration....effectively move your existing number to the new contract. So if you find a cheap "new customer" deal you can still have it. CPW own most of the mobiles direct etc so won't match. If you have any warranty issues then CPW can deal with repairs etc even though effectively you didn't buy directly from them. Call O2 to confirm with them that they still do migrations and you may get the deal you're after anyway to save the hassle etc. Hope that helps?

Thank you your advise definitely helped. I'll give O2 a call to confirm about migration before going ahead with the above contract with mobiles.co.uk

Have you considered buying the handset outright and then buying a sim only deal? I have found you will save money overall this way. Very have offer on their bnpl schemes but that is just one example of how you may wish to buy it.
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 4th May 2017

Original Poster

Thank you that sounds good i'll definitely consider. I don't think this particular handset will come down in price until the new model gets released.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions