iPhone 7 Plus - Where best to repair cracked screen (Manchester)

So my insurance only covers loss/theft and accidental damage and have a completely smashed screen. The touch screen works perfectly fine so will just need a screen replacement.

I've had a look at Apple who are quoting £150, anyone know of anywhere else to take it where they'll do an equally good job? Also if I have it replaced anywhere other than Apple, will it invalidate the warranty?

Thanks!

11 Comments

Honestly I'd get it done at Apple, it's expensive but I've seen some **** repair jobs!!

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo

Honestly I'd get it done at Apple, it's expensive but I've seen some **** … Honestly I'd get it done at Apple, it's expensive but I've seen some **** repair jobs!!

This is what i'm thinking but £150

jemmarocks

This is what i'm thinking but £150

I'd still get it done properly by Apple. If you get it done elsewhere you'll have next to zero chance of making a warranty claim should you need to.

Unfortunately if you buy premium products it costs a premium to get them fixed. If you haven't already get yourself a decent case and / or screen protector.

Edited by: "ipswich78" 2nd Mar

Don't scrimp on it take it to the Trafford centre and get it done with apple,you will regret it if you don't

You've paid so much for the 7plus, you'd rather pay that extra and have that piece of mind. keep it in good condition and could sell it for a decent price too (_;)

jemmarocks

So my insurance only covers loss/theft and accidental damage and … So my insurance only covers loss/theft and accidental damage and have a completely smashed screen.

So how is a "completely smashed screen" not accidental damage??

Worth popping into a local apple store, Mine had a single crack side to side iPhone 6 and they replaced it under warranty with no charge (counted it as a manufacturing defect). It was covered under applecare + and I was prepared to pay the excess.

Original Poster

Uridium

So how is a "completely smashed screen" not accidental damage??

I can't see the screen properly through the cracks to check my coherency, meant to say and not accidental damage

Original Poster

ipswich78

I'd still get it done properly by Apple. If you get it done elsewhere … I'd still get it done properly by Apple. If you get it done elsewhere you'll have next to zero chance of making a warranty claim should you need to.Unfortunately if you buy premium products it costs a premium to get them fixed. If you haven't already get yourself a decent case and / or screen protector.

What do you recommend for screen protection? I've got one of those crappy £1 plastic covers on which has obviously done nothing.

Original Poster

no_excuse

Worth popping into a local apple store, Mine had a single crack side to … Worth popping into a local apple store, Mine had a single crack side to side iPhone 6 and they replaced it under warranty with no charge (counted it as a manufacturing defect). It was covered under applecare + and I was prepared to pay the excess.

Ahh thanks for that. What did you say when you went in? I've booked an Apple appointment for Saturday. Hoping if it needs replacing they can do it without taking the phone off me for ages

jemmarocks

Ahh thanks for that. What did you say when you went in? I've booked an … Ahh thanks for that. What did you say when you went in? I've booked an Apple appointment for Saturday. Hoping if it needs replacing they can do it without taking the phone off me for ages

I explained that I had always looked after the phone never put it in my jean pockets. If it is a straight crack with no obvious damage on the iPhone the apple staff can replace it as a manufacturing defect. As they did with me best of luck and let us know how you get on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions