iPhone 7 that won't charge and restart constantly

Posted 10th Jun 2020
Hi guys

if someone could help with the following issues that have been affecting single last night.

iPhone 7 updated to ios13.5.1 two days ago.

Since last night phone reboots every so many minutes especially on use. Battery won't charge above 15 percent. I have used a variety of charges including charging from Air laptop as well.

Tried to restore the phone using iTunes but phone restarted right at start of the operation so couldn't progress.

The phone was bought refurb from Envirophoneshop, who have currently closed due to focus.

Any ideas that could help are welcome. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Settings > Battery > Battery Health

See if there is anything glaring there.
winzzz10/06/2020 11:28

Settings > Battery > Battery HealthSee if there is anything glaring …Settings > Battery > Battery HealthSee if there is anything glaring there.

Can not calculate battery health, there is a message of that sort being displayed. Do feel that it's buggered, but to go all of a sudden is strange if it's that
rambobambo10/06/2020 11:33

Can not calculate battery health, there is a message of that sort being …Can not calculate battery health, there is a message of that sort being displayed. Do feel that it's buggered, but to go all of a sudden is strange if it's that

Do you know if you could ever see battery health? It may have had a battery replaced before you bought it with a poor quality battery
Yes I was able to view battery health up until two days ago, where it used to display health vat around 80 percent
iPhone 7s are prone for having a really bad battery life. i had one when i upgraded and i had to send it back straight away due to phone charging then once it got to 100% it would crash and say battery dead again. i went for an iPhone XR and it's been the best iPhone i've ever had. it sounds like you may need to open up the phone and get someone to replace the battery.
rambobambo10/06/2020 11:57

Yes I was able to view battery health up until two days ago, where it used …Yes I was able to view battery health up until two days ago, where it used to display health vat around 80 percent

Id replace the battery if i were you. If youre patient, and can follow instructions, its a simple repair and will take you less than an hour and cost about £30 for all the parts and tools. Dont buy from ebay if you choose to do it. Id reccomend buying from iFixit Europe.
johnmyers198410/06/2020 12:19

iPhone 7s are prone for having a really bad battery life. i had one when i …iPhone 7s are prone for having a really bad battery life. i had one when i upgraded and i had to send it back straight away due to phone charging then once it got to 100% it would crash and say battery dead again. i went for an iPhone XR and it's been the best iPhone i've ever had. it sounds like you may need to open up the phone and get someone to replace the battery.

Thanks

I have managed to restore the phone but that has not had any impact.

Any particular reason as to buy from that place?
rambobambo10/06/2020 12:55

ThanksI have managed to restore the phone but that has not had any …ThanksI have managed to restore the phone but that has not had any impact.Any particular reason as to buy from that place?

It is a reliable company who provide guides on how to fix the majority of phones/tablets/consoles etc, and their tools are of good quality. I have used them myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text