Expired

iPhone 7 upgraded with O2 - unlocked or not?

Found 2nd Dec 2017
Got a new iPhone 7 via O2 upgrade. Anyone can confirm if these are unlocked? Or locked to the first network you use? Thanks
Community Updates
AskApple
5 Comments
It will be locked to o2 but you can request a free unlatch via your my o2 appor with customer service
Edited by: "missy89" 3rd Dec 2017
Original Poster
missy893 m ago

It will be locked to o2 but you can request a free unlatch via your my o2 …It will be locked to o2 but you can request a free unlatch via your my o2 all or with customer service

Can this be done straight away or wait for a period before requesting? Thanks
It unlocks automatically after 2 years I think, or you have to wait a period - maybe one year into your contract but it’s free to request then? Their website has all the details.
Edited by: "bluep" 2nd Dec 2017
abusaleh1 h, 39 m ago

Can this be done straight away or wait for a period before requesting? …Can this be done straight away or wait for a period before requesting? Thanks

You can do it straight away, and it’ll take ‘up to’ 14 days (usually happens within a few working days though)

The phone does not automatically unlock after 2yrs, it’s something you would have to request. On a contract basis this can be done at any point, bought outright the formal process is waiting a year and then paying £15 to unlatch
I did mine 1 hour after my phone was delivered, you just have to request it and it takes about 48hours i think. Do it online or via phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants