iPhone 7 vs 8

Found 5th Feb
Hi guys,

Are there much performance difference between 7, 8 and 8 Plus? Leaning towards an iPhone 8 (refurb) at the moment, though it's quite a bit more than 7 - if it's not much difference in real world usage - would probably grab a 7 instead.

Thanks,
Community Updates
AskPhones
10 Comments
get a pixel 2,
same price (or cheaper) and better at everything
I just googled and Forbes popped up saying it is 25% faster at high performance and 70% when idle due to low power cores with graphics up 30% faster and multitasking 70
Not sure if that's what your asking - financial advice aside
Edited by: "lukaes2011" 5th Feb
The 8 will have iOS support for a year after iPhone 7, if you keep it that long.
Massive update to cheaper iPhones if you’re able to wait until September/October.
Original Poster
lukaes20111 h, 10 m ago

I just googled and Forbes popped up saying it is 25% faster at high …I just googled and Forbes popped up saying it is 25% faster at high performance and 70% when idle due to low power cores with graphics up 30% faster and multitasking 70Not sure if that's what your asking - financial advice aside

Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the technical figures too.
The thing is when I get in store and ask the store managers off the record they seem to point out the difference either aren't too noticeable. Hoping to move onto iOS due to the Android lag which appears after a few month- willing to eat some Apple tax if it means less frustrating lags. Saying that I suppose the iPhones will slow down too.
Edited by: "Quicklite" 5th Feb
Quicklite8 m ago

Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the technical figures too. The thing is when I get …Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the technical figures too. The thing is when I get in store and ask the store managers off the record they seem to point out the difference either aren't too noticeable. Hoping to move onto iOS due to the Android lag which appears after a few month- willing to eat some Apple tax if it means less frustrating lags. Saying that I suppose the iPhones will slow down too.

get a pixel if you have lag... guessing you use samsung or other bloated stuff
Original Poster
Pixel is great as an Android. looking to move away from that that's all.
mattsk40 m ago

get a pixel if you have lag... guessing you use samsung or other bloated …get a pixel if you have lag... guessing you use samsung or other bloated stuff

I have an iphone 8 plus and my partner a 7 plus. The only really difference is wireless charging and the battery seems to last a bit longer on the 8 plus. No massive diffract in actual usage tbh. If i was to buy again id go with the 7 plus and save myself a few quid.
I have 7 plus and think it’s a great phone . Had the 6 plus before this and the 7 plus is much sharper and quicker .
Will be giving the X a go from next month .
Saw the x in store and wasn’t that impressed by chunk of screen missing or face scanning- like Samsung’s eye scanning, seems like a fad when fingerprint seems to work quicker and easier- maybe it’s more secure? Also wish apple would roll back on the no headphones as real pain buying adaptor or lightning ones and wireless seem all but useless with 2 hours use at a time- also iPad Pro still has earphones and works well- would be good to do an iPhone model that was reasonable quality(better than se) & had headphones- also screen and camera wise , saw friends Samsung s7 and both screen and photos uploaded to Facebook of exact same scene seemed better on Samsung- maybe x is better in both of these, but looks like apple is sacrificing quality for profits- but trapped in apple ecosystem so have to bear it ps fried got iPhone 8 and immediately broke glass back so appple are looking worse by the day, bringing poor design choices just for sake of change- think jobs would have done it different
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions