IPHONE 8, 8 PLUS OR X?

Found 18th Dec 2017Edited by:"786N"
Currently I have the iPhone 6, after updating it recently it seems that my battery dies and works slower than usual. ( I blame the update- apparently that’s Apple’s way of making you buy another).

now I need to buy a new iPhone which is best?

any good deals? I’m with three by the way...

better to buy it sim only or contract
Community Updates
AskApplePhones
Top comments
So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a new one, your response is give them more money?
29 Comments
X if you can afford it.
Bought iPhone 8 recently and is brilliant for me.
Note 8
I upgraded from a 6 to an 8+. Great phone and much quicker. John Lewis have an offer on plus 2 year warranty. Works out cheaper to purchase the phone and then go sim only,if you can afford.
So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a new one, your response is give them more money?
8 plus. The camera is fab and I don’t think I’ll be changing from it and will probably keep it until it dies/gets too slow.
I’m loving the X at the moment. Not much bigger than the iPhone 7 but great camera and battery life etc...
My wife has the iPhone 7 plus and it is a lovely phone great large screen and sharp camera, I would love the, 8 plus myself to upgrade my (too small!) iPhone SE too, so I'll recommend that to you!
badgerrules1 h, 15 m ago

So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a …So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a new one, your response is give them more money?

Apparently that is what’s happe
First choice is whether you want a plus size or not (too big for me)...if so then it’s simply - 8 plus...if not then 8 or X...when I chose between those two the camera on the X persuaded me plus wasn’t that different in price so thought I might as well get the X
badgerrules1 h, 26 m ago

So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a …So if you reckon apple are crippling your current phone to make you get a new one, your response is give them more money?

Mind boggling isn't it, Op just buy the most expensive, The more you pay the more kudos in return.
I have an 8+ & love it.
The stupidnes is in ur question. You know apple are basic fraudn you into buying new phone ! Yet u want actually fall for it and handnthem more money. More fool you. Get different phone you idiot
sam8002 h, 49 m ago

Bought iPhone 8 recently and is brilliant for me.

Until iPhone 9 comes out and cycle starts again
It's X for no... XD... In all honesty do not go for 8. Just go for X or just any other brands
Dronelover1 h, 8 m ago

It's X for no... XD... In all honesty do not go for 8. Just go for X or …It's X for no... XD... In all honesty do not go for 8. Just go for X or just any other brands

might as well as its not much of a price difference.
Get the x op it’s stunning perfect screen Face ID is shitot it’s like going back to the dark ages now using anything else imo
the.porter2 m ago

Get the x op it’s stunning perfect screen Face ID is shitot it’s like goi …Get the x op it’s stunning perfect screen Face ID is shitot it’s like going back to the dark ages now using anything else imo

Have you bought it yourself?
786N1 h, 5 m ago

Have you bought it yourself?

Off course I’m not like most on this site who comment on something they don’t own
the.porter1 h, 22 m ago

Off course I’m not like most on this site who comment on something they d …Off course I’m not like most on this site who comment on something they don’t own

Where/ how do you recommend buying it from? Any offers?
I have the iPhone X, pretty similar experience to other iPhones really but quicker I wouldn’t have upgraded had my old one broke(smashed screen)

I do find the Face ID amazing as I always struggled to get fingerprints to work for me as I either have sweaty hands or some kind of child’s food on my phone stopping it working properly:D
If iPhones going out of date is your issue, then you'll want the x, since future updates will cripple the 8 sooner.
chrismc2005012 h, 10 m ago

The stupidnes is in ur question. You know apple are basic fraudn you into …The stupidnes is in ur question. You know apple are basic fraudn you into buying new phone ! Yet u want actually fall for it and handnthem more money. More fool you. Get different phone you idiot

You are right, but once you get tied into their ecosystem it can be an inconvenience to change, for example if you've purchased £100's worth of apps, or anything else you use that's specifically tied to Apple.
zhris2 h, 4 m ago

You are right, but once you get tied into their ecosystem it can be an …You are right, but once you get tied into their ecosystem it can be an inconvenience to change, for example if you've purchased £100's worth of apps, or anything else you use that's specifically tied to Apple.

Iv never purchased App in my life- Again more fool you. iv never been sucked into their ecosystem because i had my blinkers on.

i got a Honor 9 for £300 brand new.

If you want to stay and line Apples pockets with money while you loose out on some gimmick hardware. There phones have always been behind as far as hardware is concerned. People just see apple and think its great because its California company- When the phone is manufactured in the same place my Honor 9 is!.
Apple think there phones are worth £600+ When really they cost £100 or less to produce. if i was apple i would be laughing all the way to bank for people who buy into this shit.

I think people need to go to physcology sessions to break free of the Apple thing thats going on.....
chrismc2005025 m ago

Iv never purchased App in my life- Again more fool you. iv never been …Iv never purchased App in my life- Again more fool you. iv never been sucked into their ecosystem because i had my blinkers on.i got a Honor 9 for £300 brand new. If you want to stay and line Apples pockets with money while you loose out on some gimmick hardware. There phones have always been behind as far as hardware is concerned. People just see apple and think its great because its California company- When the phone is manufactured in the same place my Honor 9 is!. Apple think there phones are worth £600+ When really they cost £100 or less to produce. if i was apple i would be laughing all the way to bank for people who buy into this shit. I think people need to go to physcology sessions to break free of the Apple thing thats going on.....

I don't own any Apple products myself, but I have friends who were sucked in from the beginning, back when they weren't such bad value, before the possibility of os upgrade issues. I have a Xiaomi redmi note 4, I love it.

I can't agree with you on app purchases, I have purchased apps that are considerably better than free versions, if a free one exists at all. Just one of many examples, droidmote server, it saved me having to buy a wireless keyboard and provides features not even a keyboard can provide, free alternatives simply didn't cover my requirements and were often unreliable. Another is tasker, it's incredibly powerful, it actually serves important purposes in my business. If you use an app long enough, it feels like it's paid for itself, some have even changed my life around. I don't want to pirate these apps as my monetary support is reflected by developer support and updates.
The 8 Plus has a larger battery and compared to the 8 it has a better camera too.

Depends on what you need really... For the battery life and camera the 8 Plus is a good choice without having to spend 1K on the X.
If you need something easier to hold then the 8.
Samsung note 8
786N20 h, 48 m ago

Where/ how do you recommend buying it from? Any offers?

On an x there’s no offers I get 8% of through work to use at Currys and I had £170 of Currys vouchers so just bought it from there, look after it and it should hold its price pretty well for when apple release the x plus
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions