Groups

iPhone abroad help

Basically I'm going to Norway for a few days! I don't want to use Internet or phone but just wAnt rouse my iPhone for music, videos etc!

Can I like take the sim card out and just use this way?
    Or do I just take it and try to not accidently knock the Internet on or what?

6 Comments

Maybe you could just put it on Airplane mode?

Switch it to airplane mode :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Sorry but what does that do?

I'm in a similar situation but want to use the iphone as a tomtom which you cant do in airplane mode, but i dont want texts, emails or the phone coming through, suggestions anyone?

Banned

Swith it to Airplane Mode in settings and switch the the screen brightness down to min, this will give you a bit more battery life whilst the tunes are playing. I don't know if it makes a difference (some say it does) but you can go >General >Network > enable 3G "OFF" & Data Romaing "OFF". I always thought Airplane Mode does this automatically but there is no harm turning these off also. Who knows.

Banned

xena_morph;7829793

I'm in a similar situation but want to use the iphone as a tomtom which … I'm in a similar situation but want to use the iphone as a tomtom which you cant do in airplane mode, but i dont want texts, emails or the phone coming through, suggestions anyone?

Can you divert all calls to voicemail and turn message preview and repeat alert to "OFF". Then turn incoming call alert off?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions