Groups

iPhone Accessories - advice anyone please?

I've just got myself an iPhone 3G and I'm looking for something that will allow me to play music from it through my car stereo and charge whilst in use. Also, if possible, to work as a handsfree??

Is there anything out there that would do either, or preferably both?

I'm not very up on these things, but does anyone know if the item below does what I want (although for the price I suspect not) and if so whether it's any good?

mobilefun.co.uk/pro…htm

8 Comments

A dension kit is what you need I have one they are great will charge, play and use your steering wheel controls if you have them and I believe you can get a hands free bit for them also but I dont have that.

Here is the site I ordered it from, also I think I have a code for some money off too if you are wanting to buy one, let me know I will send you it.
    ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/?gc…s4w

I'd also recommend an Dension. They are expensive but very good.

nwreswell - what sort of code have you got? Could I have it if op doesn't please?

I need one of the new Dension's as the old one wont charge the new ipods/iphone 3g.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've looked on the website, but as I said, I'm not very up on these things, so.......

The descriptions all seem to say iPod, but I presume they are equally as compatible with the iPhone 3G are they? There are that many........which one should I be looking at? (I've got a Mazda RX8 if that makes any difference?)

Thanks for the advice, and the offer of the money off would be much appreciated once I know which one I'd need. Rep given for advice so far xx

Laineybobs;4731512

Thanks for the advice guys.I've looked on the website, but as I said, I'm … Thanks for the advice guys.I've looked on the website, but as I said, I'm not very up on these things, so.......The descriptions all seem to say iPod, but I presume they are equally as compatible with the iPhone 3G are they? There are that many........which one should I be looking at? (I've got a Mazda RX8 if that makes any difference?)Thanks for the advice, and the offer of the money off would be much appreciated once I know which one I'd need. Rep given for advice so far xx

This is the kit you need, will do it all, however as its an iphone you will also need the link below to enable charging, will hunt the voucher down now for both of you if its still valid.
    ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPo…Kit

This is the hands free section for your phone
    ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPo…ers

This is so your iphone will also charge
    ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPo…ble
    I know it all seems expensive but its well worth it.

I would call them to confirm what you need to be sure as they are very helpful.

Original Poster

Thanks again!

I will have a chat to them so that I know I'm geting the right thing!!

Hopefully you'll be able to find the voucher - cheers x

Thanks nwreswell.

The first and last links you gave there were for a DICE unit. I've no experience of DICE but imagine they are petty similar to Dension. I wouldn't have thought you would need the 12v to 5v dock cable as I think the new DICE ship with 5v charging anyway.

Laineybobs - if you're going for a Dension I think this is the one you'd need...

]Gateway 100

..this is the new version which supports 5v charging (ie, will charge the iphone 3g). The price includes either a dock connector or a active cradle.

I've currently got the older Dension ice-link (which was fine with my 2g iphone) but now i've got a iphone 3g it doesn't charge it despite still playing OK.

Original Poster

Thanks again guys.

Did either of you look at the item I originally found? I know it's an awful lot cheaper than the above items, but is it any good? Or is it just a cheap bit of tat?

]http//ww…htm

To be honest, I am just wondering about buying the ones you've pointed out, and the Gateway 100 does seem a good option, but if I change my car I'm lumbered aren't I? Don't get me wrong, £130+ does seem realistic for what I'm looking for, but once it's in is it there for good? i.e. non-transferrable to another car?

(Told you I was no good on this stuff ;-)

Yeah, the main part of Densions and Gateways (ie, the part that costs £100) are car specific. It's only the dock cable or active cradle that are the same for any unit.

Those FM transmotters aren't bad as an economic solution. I used to have a Griffin iTrip for my old 3rd gen ipod which did the job - sound quality was OK - about as good as FM radio.

I've not really looked ones like the one you linked - looks good for the money though. I suppose it just depends how much use you're going to get out of it and how much you want to spend.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764156
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions