iPhone advice.

Posted 13th Sep
Always had the cheapest old phone but want to get an iPhone. Recommended iPhone 6s in a couple of phone shops I've found one on ioutlet 64gb for £140. Just wondering if there's cheaper out there? Happy to have refurbished or any other model eg se, 6/7. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Leonjj13/09/2019 21:10

Stock to Android ... Miles ahead

Thank you, made me lol... first village idiot of the day I’m sure to meet more...
sdoherty100013/09/2019 21:11

6s won’t be upgradable to ios13 so the minimum you need to buy is an i …6s won’t be upgradable to ios13 so the minimum you need to buy is an iPhone 7

That's not correct. The 6s is getting iOS 13.

38457556-NUfZE.jpg

6s won’t be upgradable to ios13 so the minimum you need to buy is an i …6s won’t be upgradable to ios13 so the minimum you need to buy is an iPhone 7

Yes it is, do you just say anything without even getting correct info... macworld.co.uk/new…94/

2 second google search to get correct facts..
19 Comments
6s won’t be upgradable to ios13 so the minimum you need to buy is an iPhone 7

That's not correct. The 6s is getting iOS 13.

38457556-NUfZE.jpg
The 6s only has one more year of support. I would recommend getting a more recent iPhone

Yes it is, do you just say anything without even getting correct info... macworld.co.uk/new…94/

2 second google search to get correct facts..
Leonjj13/09/2019 21:10

Thank you, made me lol... first village idiot of the day I’m sure to meet more...
happyshopper213/09/2019 21:45

That's not correct. The 6s is getting iOS 13.[Image]

Yep agree although it’ll be the last upgrade the 6s gets I think.
Honestly I would say get a 7 or 8 if you have to change right now. Do not go for a top of the range one as they don’t have 5g so aren’t worth paying top dollar for.

Have a look on envirofone, pay attention to their grading system.
I bought my missus a 'good' condition sim free Iphone 7 from GiffGaff for £159 as she broke her SE. The phone is immaculate with 95% battery health. I'd recommend this route if you don't want to start paying crazy prices. Iphones are expensive but they do retain their value very well
Edited by: "MrWhit" 14th Sep
A bit pricey but i got an se from them last year and it was unlocked and brand new just in a generic box
o2.co.uk/sho…new
deleted969512
Ooh thanks everyone x
If it was me I wouldn’t get anything less than an X now as all the iOS is more focussed on no home button
Bargainhead14/09/2019 05:42

Thank you, made me lol... first village idiot of the day I’m sure to meet m …Thank you, made me lol... first village idiot of the day I’m sure to meet more...

38461559-1EFVk.jpg
Wow you really took that haha fanboys gonna fan
Obviously it’s a bit more risky but the second hand market is worth a look at least!
iphone 6s is not worth it in 2019. especially with the battery issues in some handsets
iang00714/09/2019 14:56

If it was me I wouldn’t get anything less than an X now as all the iOS is m …If it was me I wouldn’t get anything less than an X now as all the iOS is more focussed on no home button

I've got an iPhone 7 and not noticed anything about iOS 12 that felt like I was at a disadvantage by having a home button. there is nothing in the presentation about iOS 12 that suggests this is significantly worse on phones with a home button either. The OS is tailored specifically to the two types of phones, with and without home buttons.
Same as others have said, iPhone 6s not recommended unless you can get it for a steal. I sold missus iPhone 6s on ebay (32Gb, new Apple battery, boxed) for £110 in summer, that should be your price point.
Bought a couple of iPhone 7 for £150 each via ebay too (Tip:- search newly listed, buy it now)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants