EXPIRED

Iphone advice needed

Basically, i own a 3GS, and want the new Iphone4. However, my upgrade isnt until July 2011. I need some advice on what the best thing is to do..

Option 1:
Sell 3GS on here or FleaBay, and use that cash to help fund the new iphone. Sell the upgrade i receive next year.

Option 2:
Keep 3GS, upgrade to iPhone 4 (hopefully a slightly updated version by then) next summer. Sell the 3GS then for a lesser price than that i would receive if i did so now.

Rep left for any helpful replies, thanks x

10 Comments

Same for me too but mines up in Dec this year
Is yours the 16GB or 32GB 3GS?

Original Poster

krazykel;8785053

Same for me too but mines up in Dec this yearIs yours the 16GB or 32GB … Same for me too but mines up in Dec this yearIs yours the 16GB or 32GB 3GS?

16GB in Black. The new OS 4.0 will be a free upgrade on the 3GS though, so it really is a tough one!

Yeh i have a 32GB in Black,
Sell mine for about £350 ish (Dont know how much ill get really tho) and put that towards new one

or keep my 3GS - Paying £35 a month for my 6 months left would cost me £210 ish

Depends how expensive it is on Pay as you go, i paid £275 + £35 a month for my 3GS
Think they were £550 ish on PayAsYou Go...

i think O2 will do deals for people still in contract like they did last time

Wait till July 2011 next year...So you get a upgrade deal to

IPHONE 5 :thumbsup:

Don't worry apple will release another one in next July..Hopefully that could be a phone with out any restrictions...

Drag and drop support, Real Bluetooth :?, Good Battery life :!:, Good Signal Receiving capability:viking:....And so on...

Check how much money you are wasting on phone?eee:oops:

Original Poster

jasonsowden;8785242

i think O2 will do deals for people still in contract like they did last … i think O2 will do deals for people still in contract like they did last time

can u remember what kind of deals they offered? i still have 12months to run, so i dont know if i will be eligible...

ashok;8785256

Wait till July 2011 next year...So you get a upgrade deal to Iphone … Wait till July 2011 next year...So you get a upgrade deal to Iphone 5Don't worry apple will release another one in next July..Hopefully that could be a phone with out any restrictions...Drag and drop support, Real Bluetooth :?, Good Battery life :!:, Good Signal Receiving capability:viking:....And so on...Check how much money you are wasting on phone?eee:oops:

hmm i dnt think the iPhone 5 will be out for a while.. this has been the biggest hardware update since it went from 2G to 3G. I think next year may just be a OS update, or maybe something minor like the 3G to 3GS update, which wasn't a big difference. Battery life has been improved slightly on the iphone 4, but as for "real bluetooth" unfortunately i dont think they will ever do that, because they make too much money from itunes :-(

pgill06;8785362

can u remember what kind of deals they offered? i still have 12months to … can u remember what kind of deals they offered? i still have 12months to run, so i dont know if i will be eligible...hmm i dnt think the iPhone 5 will be out for a while.. this has been the biggest hardware update since it went from 2G to 3G. I think next year may just be a OS update, or maybe something minor like the 3G to 3GS update, which wasn't a big difference. Battery life has been improved slightly on the iphone 4, but as for "real bluetooth" unfortunately i dont think they will ever do that, because they make too much money from itunes :-(

yeah you never know what happens with apple products mate...But there may be a chance..Well With a better processor or anything...I also heard the v4 is glass screen,glass back...so there is a chance that 3gs may not break but v4 will definitely break... May be Steve jobs logic to make it look attractive and make more money on accidental damage fix.

I Used to use the iphone 3gs previously I sold it because of poor battery life and no drag and drop support..I used to use a mac until April this year sold it just because no support for all the software i need to use...

Now i am with a phone can do text,calls and

listen to fm

happy with it...want to know the model...Nokia 1661 well by the way my phone battery life is abt 3 days..

I know I am being a little stupid...I am good at confusing people...well...put it this way...

If you are selling the 3gs 16gb you get-300
and the new phone around £450
total you are paying extra £150.
thinking your contract is £35*18=630+100(Up front for phone)=730~750

total you are spending £900 on a phone for 18 months...

or you can think selling the phone now and renewing the contract in last 3 months to a sim only £15 iphone tariff..saves you £60 in last 3 months..
so £15*15=225+450(iphone 4.0)-300(3gs)=375+315=690

so if you followed the procedure i told you you will be spending about £700 in the next two years...that's including selling your 3gs and getting 4.0

but will you not consider taking iphone 4gs next year...?

ashok;8785440

but will you not consider taking iphone 4gs next year...?

You cant make a 4gs if there was never a 4g first, reason there isn't a 4g is because the UK/USA doesn't have a mainstream of 4G signals, and therefore cannot make a 4G phone. There is some 4G in USA but little to none in the UK and rest of the world, so why would they release a 4G phone... anyway unless 4G becomes big in the next 12months, which i doubt at how slow the current phone technology is being updated by the actual providers, i think it'll be iPhone 5, unless USA becomes 4G at a national level and may include a 4G as optional...

dont you as an o2 customer get a free iphone 4 no?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?46
    2. Problem with new double glazed installation66
    3. whats a worthy sony x3 compact replacement?49
    4. Buyers Surveyor undervalued our house44

See more discussions