iphone backup icloud of whatsapp (however i have new number) and i can't restore via my iphone self.whatsapp

Posted 21st Mar
the old number got recycled and now someone else has it is..

i have backed up via the phone and on icloud but the number it was registered too is disconnected on my side and i cannot verify the number again as its recycled

i have since backed up and deleted the whatsapp app and reinstalled but now i can't restore from my backup on my new number

can you please advise? what is the best solution i simply want to put the old data on a new number i have the file backed up on icloud and i have also done a computer itunes backup too

i can see whatapp data on the phone around 250mb but i can't access it or read it

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Best thing to do would be to download the Apple support app and they will be able to get this sorted in no time.
Sorry, but you won’t be able to restore your backup. There is an option in the WhatsApp app where you can change your number to your new one and then you could have backed it up and delete the app. This should have been done before you deleted the app. You will now have to use your new number and start conversations from new.

There is another option available to restore your chats. You can view the messages by downloading an application from the internet. Something like WhatsApp backup extractor which should be able to read the file from your iTunes backup, there are paid applications which will be able to transfer the messages to your iPhone once your WhatsApp is setup with your new number.

Hope this helps.
BIGBOSS78621/03/2020 23:26

Sorry, but you won’t be able to restore your backup. There is an option in …Sorry, but you won’t be able to restore your backup. There is an option in the WhatsApp app where you can change your number to your new one and then you could have backed it up and delete the app. This should have been done before you deleted the app. You will now have to use your new number and start conversations from new.There is another option available to restore your chats. You can view the messages by downloading an application from the internet. Something like WhatsApp backup extractor which should be able to read the file from your iTunes backup, there are paid applications which will be able to transfer the messages to your iPhone once your WhatsApp is setup with your new number.Hope this helps.

Cool I will have a look . I did try but it didn’t let me do it it kept saying the number isn’t registered to the account when it is . I think the new user had used it to set up an account is this possible ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants