Groups

Iphone battery life

Hi
    Got a 2nd hand Iphone 3g and the phone itself is fine everything works. I am used to Nokias and the long battery life
    If i have it switched on all day and occassionally text its fine and know if you use the apps the battery goes down quicker
    Generally, what would anyone consider as a guide to good battery life?
    Thanks

13 Comments

I use my 3gs alot during the day and find my battery is at about 30% by the end of the day. However, mine is charged every night in my alarm clock dock.

I charge my 3GS every night as a necessity. As I type is got 28% left. Battery life on the iPhone is shocking no matter what you do with it

Mines 2 1/2 yrs old now and bat was ok at first lasted ages but just recently I have to charge it halfway thro the day and it gets charged every night aswell. :-( waiting to see if any gud deals on iphone5 or if deals get btr on four before replacing

with smart phones you should be in the habit of always charging them, kitchen car chargers etc
    my2nd phone is an nokia e52 which has a monster battery thankfully so I'm never out of touch.

Perpita

Mines 2 1/2 yrs old now and bat was ok at first lasted ages but just … Mines 2 1/2 yrs old now and bat was ok at first lasted ages but just recently I have to charge it halfway thro the day and it gets charged every night aswell. :-( waiting to see if any gud deals on iphone5 or if deals get btr on four before replacing

The iphone 5 won't be out until next year now from the looks of it.

Original Poster

i havent got a % on it so its a bit of guess work. I have the charger and usb plus one in the car so just one of those things i suppose!
    Thanks everyone

Neonlitdoor

i havent got a % on it so its a bit of guess work. I have the charger and … i havent got a % on it so its a bit of guess work. I have the charger and usb plus one in the car so just one of those things i suppose! Thanks everyone

If you know you are running low on battery turn the brightness right down, turn 3G off and turn wifi off. That will save some juice.

I use mine throughout the day making calls/texts etc using the web now & again and by the evening it's about 25% I charge it every night
    Edited by: "livingthelife07" 27th Apr 2011

Battery longevity is best preserved if you charge your phone little and often, as long periods of time where the phone is on charge creates heat and degrades the cells (in lithium ion batteries anyway).

Just a thought for anyone with a newer smartphone.

Banned

the iphones battery life is rubbish in your personal experience but you're thinking about getting the new iphone which which Will probably have a bigger screen.

im havin the same problem with my blackberry it needds charging about twice a day but i did learn that if you turn off the bluetooth, turn off the wifi, and reduce the screen brightness to really low, it all helps it to keep some charge

Thanx maximoshark. Now to decide wait a little longer and put up with original or take the plunge on the iphone4 now. It's just if I can get a decent deal. Problem is this one at mo averaging at 14-18 pound per month can I justify another £20 a month for same only newer ????

when i bought my new phone i was actually told by the guy who serveed me that it needed charging for 12hrs before i used it

maximoshark

Battery longevity is best preserved if you charge your phone little and … Battery longevity is best preserved if you charge your phone little and often, as long periods of time where the phone is on charge creates heat and degrades the cells (in lithium ion batteries anyway). Just a thought for anyone with a newer smartphone.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.11
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.813
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA33
      4. Recommendations for decent/cheap noise cancelling earphones please33

See more discussions