iPhone becoming slow due to updates? look no further

Found 5th MarEdited by:"machomansavage"
So we all know old tech doesn't handle new updates well? And as a result it makes every day tasks longer and harder to preform, well Apple iPhone users look no further... Got To your router settings 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (whatever the site is it'll be at the bottom of your router ) go over to block sites and add these two websites

1. mesu.apple.com

2. appldnld.apple.com

Now try clicking update! It's blocked, no more lags no more battery problems, no more performance issues and no more obsolescence. You're welcome!
NOTE to MURTGURGE Have people got 2 spell simple things out to you? at what point did i say this was for hot spots? show me?!? ...where is that mentioned? I'm in tears here laughing how someone can be so idiotic
Community Updates
AskPhones
24 Comments
I'm definitely going to try this tonight. I'm guessing it doesn't affect games/apps auto updating?
INDUSTRYHATER1 m ago

I'm definitely going to try this tonight. I'm guessing it doesn't affect …I'm definitely going to try this tonight. I'm guessing it doesn't affect games/apps auto updating?

Nope none of that! Just os itself!
INDUSTRYHATER6 m ago

I'm definitely going to try this tonight. I'm guessing it doesn't affect …I'm definitely going to try this tonight. I'm guessing it doesn't affect games/apps auto updating?

lots of apps need the latest ios to have the latest version so yes this will have an impact on updates for apps

plus no updates means no security updates
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 5th Mar
mattmerch1 m ago

lots of apps need the latest ios to have the latest version so yes this …lots of apps need the latest ios to have the latest version so yes this will have an impact on updates for appsplus no updates means no security updates

Mines been blocked since my se came out of the Box. And i can still keep my apps updated. Please don't comment on something u know nothing about.
machomansavage42 m ago

Mines been blocked since my se came out of the Box. And i can still keep …Mines been blocked since my se came out of the Box. And i can still keep my apps updated. Please don't comment on something u know nothing about.

They are right though. Some games will need the latest version of iOS before they will install.
Also what happens when you connect to a friends wifi or a public wifi network?
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 5th Mar
Paddy_o_furniture7 m ago

They are right though. Some games will need the latest version of iOS …They are right though. Some games will need the latest version of iOS before they will install.Also what happens when you connect to a friends wifi or a public wifi network?

Unless the friend has blocked it. Might be possible for it to update only if plugged in and on sleep
Edited by: "machomansavage" 5th Mar
And when you connect to public wifi? or another hotspot?
or have more than one device, and want one to update.
Edited by: "GPDawes" 5th Mar
machomansavage1 h, 9 m ago

Mines been blocked since my se came out of the Box. And i can still keep …Mines been blocked since my se came out of the Box. And i can still keep my apps updated. Please don't comment on something u know nothing about.

i think that would be you
but feel free to ignore anyone that does not agree with you
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 5th Mar
mattmerch44 s ago

i think that would be you

Im speaking from experience i know this is the case. Try it for your self and see
Why not just set your device to notify you before updating? Then just ignore it.
Beebee181 m ago

Why not just set your device to notify you before updating? Then just …Why not just set your device to notify you before updating? Then just ignore it.

Because Apple push updates unless you do exactly this!. By push I mean that little annoying reminder that haunts you every day. That red "1" on the settings app
GPDawes2 h, 35 m ago

And when you connect to public wifi? or another hotspot?or have more than …And when you connect to public wifi? or another hotspot?or have more than one device, and want one to update.

it will update lol

this guy is probably running the latest version of ios without realising it
machomansavage2 h, 13 m ago

Im speaking from experience i know this is the case. Try it for your self …Im speaking from experience i know this is the case. Try it for your self and see

You probably are using apps that are still compatible for older version there will be a time when developers stop it for certain apps as they don't see it necessary to maintain old scripts etc as it's time consuming and wasteful for them. A friend of mine on andriod using older version isn't able to use ebay app and what's app as it's too old I think it's on 3. Something version not sure about apple but it will be similar
MynameisM6 m ago

You probably are using apps that are still compatible for older version …You probably are using apps that are still compatible for older version there will be a time when developers stop it for certain apps as they don't see it necessary to maintain old scripts etc as it's time consuming and wasteful for them. A friend of mine on andriod using older version isn't able to use ebay app and what's app as it's too old I think it's on 3. Something version not sure about apple but it will be similar

Heath for dropped support ie what's app no longer enables you to download it unless u upgrade to iOS 7 or above, but what I'm saying is as long as it's still supported u can still play the games
MynameisM7 m ago

You probably are using apps that are still compatible for older version …You probably are using apps that are still compatible for older version there will be a time when developers stop it for certain apps as they don't see it necessary to maintain old scripts etc as it's time consuming and wasteful for them. A friend of mine on andriod using older version isn't able to use ebay app and what's app as it's too old I think it's on 3. Something version not sure about apple but it will be similar

Yes not for dropped support ie what's app no longer enables you to download it unless u upgrade to iOS 7 or above, but what I'm saying is as long as it's still supported u can still play the games
murtgurge15 m ago

it will update lolthis guy is probably running the latest version of ios …it will update lolthis guy is probably running the latest version of ios without realising it

9.3.3 hardly latest is it? Obviously you can't do it and having a tantrum
Is there a cure for an iPhone 6 that has already become slow due to updates? (Without forking out a lot of money for a new phone!)
kashmemon2 m ago

Is there a cure for an iPhone 6 that has already become slow due to …Is there a cure for an iPhone 6 that has already become slow due to updates? (Without forking out a lot of money for a new phone!)

Go to Ipsw.me and click iPhone then iPhone 6 and have a look what firmware snare Apple signing. He ones they're signing will be at the top in green, anything red ignore mate. Then if they're signing any download it on a laptop open iTunes with iPhone plugged in
Then hold shift if using Windows or option if using Mac
And while holding hit the file.
The iPhone will now restore to whatever iOS u chose
kashmemon6 m ago

Is there a cure for an iPhone 6 that has already become slow due to …Is there a cure for an iPhone 6 that has already become slow due to updates? (Without forking out a lot of money for a new phone!)

33383197-AvaTZ.jpg
Out of luck mate. However Apple started signing iOS 6 again on iPhone 4s. Loved that firmware and turns slow iPhone 4s on iOS 9 back into a super fast 4s back on iOS 6
machomansavage21 m ago

9.3.3 hardly latest is it? Obviously you can't do it and having a tantrum

do you just have no connection with the outside world?

any regular person would have countless public hotspots they connect to automatically, and probably friends, and work - your 'fix' does nothing but save a bit of bandwidth at your home
murtgurge25 m ago

do you just have no connection with the outside world?any regular person …do you just have no connection with the outside world?any regular person would have countless public hotspots they connect to automatically, and probably friends, and work - your 'fix' does nothing but save a bit of bandwidth at your home

He probably doesn't use them like alot of people they just use there own mobile data.
INDUSTRYHATER4 h, 31 m ago

Any joy?
murtgurge1 h, 25 m ago

it will update lolthis guy is probably running the latest version of ios …it will update lolthis guy is probably running the latest version of ios without realising it

Pardon? Of course it isn't a fix for that. Someone else asked that question and I didn't answer it because of how silly it was. This is obviously for your home network only! How is that not common sense?I never insinuated it was a fix for public hot sports or anyone else's network. Honestly cannot believe you've just asked that Lol
Not just disable wifi ? Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions