iPhone being jailbroken with the app store

Found 29th Sep 2009
Hi,
A friend of mine has an iPhone with Cydia etc and showed me how he downloaded apps for free without paying for them in the app store. Was kinda suprised at this to be honest, I know its not new news but I was telling him to be careful regarding this.

Can it be traced what he is doing? Is it safe? I know it's illegal but was just wondering really...

5 Comments

They probably used appulous which is a free version of the app store.

I have a friend that crosses the road when the little man is red, I know it's not news but........

Original Poster

davelfc;6427234

They probably used appulous which is a free version of the app store. I … They probably used appulous which is a free version of the app store. I have a friend that crosses the road when the little man is red, I know it's not news but........

Thats fair enough but I was more concerned if he was to get caught or traced then his phone might get bricked or something

woz;6427457

Thats fair enough but I was more concerned if he was to get caught or … Thats fair enough but I was more concerned if he was to get caught or traced then his phone might get bricked or something

If he had found a way to obtain apps on his phone from the official site without paying the asking price then it is fraud. If caught (and he would be) then he could be prosecuted. At least he could have his phone 'bricked' and issued a bill for the apps.

Far easier is using the app that allows access to an unofficial version of the app store as mentioned above.

Now about my mate that crosses the road when the red man is showing, I believe the penalty is death?

Original Poster

davelfc;6427523

If he had found a way to obtain apps on his phone from the official site … If he had found a way to obtain apps on his phone from the official site without paying the asking price then it is fraud. If caught (and he would be) then he could be prosecuted. At least he could have his phone 'bricked' and issued a bill for the apps. Far easier is using the app that allows access to an unofficial version of the app store as mentioned above. Now about my mate that crosses the road when the red man is showing, I believe the penalty is death?

I get ya, nice comparison with the road!

So basically Appulous provides links to hacked versions of the apps but they dont actually come from the app store

Correct.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions