Groups

Iphone case? Advice needed

Hi guys, i recently bought a 3g iphone and want a case to protect it.
    I'm really struggling to find anything that i like and that will protect the ipod.
    i liked the look of the icebox from gear 4 but after reading reviews about it scratching the back of the iphone i decided against it.

Anybody own an iphone and can recommend a case?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! (rep left)

Thanks!

27 Comments

Ive had a couple of cases and too be honest ive hated them all, they all make the phone look bigger and uglier if you can take your phone into an apple shop, o2 or CPW and try them and see what you like.

I got a zagg invisible shield for my ipod touch, brillinant case, you wouldn't know it was on it and stops any scratches.

Highly recomended.

zagg.com/

Ive got one on my touch as well, and bought one for my iphone it was a nightmare to put on. i had no probs on the ipod but gave up on the phone.

Iskin revo

Original Poster

MarzBarz;4028904

Iskin revo

i like the idea of that, but that plastic screen sounds abit dodgy/ fiddly.

How have you found it?:thumbsup:

Original Poster

souljacker;4028867

I got a zagg invisible shield for my ipod touch, brillinant case, you … I got a zagg invisible shield for my ipod touch, brillinant case, you wouldn't know it was on it and stops any scratches.Highly recomended.http://www.zagg.com/

how easy was it to put on?

Does it affect the touch screen?

Do you have another case to protect it from drops and the like?

Where did you buy it?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

stratomaster;4029245

i like the idea of that, but that plastic screen sounds abit dodgy/ … i like the idea of that, but that plastic screen sounds abit dodgy/ fiddly.How have you found it?:thumbsup:

Plastic screen ???? it dont have one

stratomaster;4029290

how easy was it to put on?Does it affect the touch screen?Do you have … how easy was it to put on?Does it affect the touch screen?Do you have another case to protect it from drops and the like?Where did you buy it?Thanks!:thumbsup:

It was easy to put on the ipod touch, there is a good guide on that site, which is where i bought it from.

I don't have another case for it, as that would defeat the object of having this one on which is invisible, this protects it from damage and scratches but obviously not from being dropped

Original Poster

MarzBarz;4029330

Plastic screen ???? it dont have one

iskin.com/rev…tml

the visor?

stratomaster;4029290

how easy was it to put on?Does it affect the touch screen?Do you have … how easy was it to put on?Does it affect the touch screen?Do you have another case to protect it from drops and the like?Where did you buy it?Thanks!:thumbsup:

I'd recommend a 'bestskinever' over the invisibleshield. I've had both and the bestskinever is only abut half the price but just as good. They can be slightly tricky to put on but you just need to take your time. It doesn't affect the touch-screen at all and it actually stops it smudging as much.

]http//ww…ont

The bestskinever looks pretty good, ordered one a few days back based on reviews on the net

A simple silicone case from ebay for £1.99 delivered does the job. Doesn't look too bad, saves it from scratching, and saves it from being affected by any knocks and bumps. Super cheap so you could always get one, try it and if you dont like it you haven't lost much.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys.
    i'm still looking for something that will offer abit more drop prtection though
    I liked the idea of the otterbox, the only negative is that its huuuuuge!

For drop protection go for the iskin. It's not one of those invisible shields but a case and...I could try and describe it but google it, Im carp at describng things!

sickly sweet;4033518

A simple silicone case from ebay for £1.99 delivered does the job. … A simple silicone case from ebay for £1.99 delivered does the job. Doesn't look too bad, saves it from scratching, and saves it from being affected by any knocks and bumps. Super cheap so you could always get one, try it and if you dont like it you haven't lost much.

This is bull!!

DO NOT buy a cheapo case, you will get dirt under it, the will then rub on to your iphone thus scratching it. It will seem ok for a few days until you take the case off only to find the scratches.

What about the new iSkin fuze, anybody got one of these?

]http//is…tml

andysmoore;4046401

This is bull!!DO NOT buy a cheapo case, you will get dirt under it, the … This is bull!!DO NOT buy a cheapo case, you will get dirt under it, the will then rub on to your iphone thus scratching it. It will seem ok for a few days until you take the case off only to find the scratches.What about the new iSkin fuze, anybody got one of these?]http://iskin.com/fuzeiPhone3G/features_pattern.html

I have had a cheapo silicone case for 2 months and no scratches on the underside.

I prefer the iskin revo

Just ordered the iskin solo, looks pretty good, good reviews etc

Original Poster

andysmoore;4068957

Just ordered the iskin solo, looks pretty good, good reviews etc

cool let me know how you find it!

I'm torn between the revo and the fuze or maybe the capsule rebel....

i just bought a bestskinever for £7.27 using paypal. Seems reasonable and it has great reviews. I wanted one that will show off the sleekness of the iphone and not increase its weight or size so this one seems perfect. Ill let you all know when i have it. 7-10 days shipping to the uk

I picked up my iphone last friday along with a Power Support Anti Glare Film (stops finger printson the screen) and ifrogz case which i think is excellent as i didnt want the phone to become to bulky.

i bought this iphone case couple of months back, protected my iphone well

]http//ww…-12

Original Poster

i picked up a leather case from ebay the other for £2.10 (inc p+p)
    Got to say its actually quite well made!
    Deciding whether to keep until i get better silicon type protecting one i.e the revo
    or whether to just keep the case but buy an invisble shield

Where did you get the iskin solo from? I cant find it for sale on any uk sites.

iworld.co.uk/iWo…er&

Cancel that, they are pre order, black expected in 3 days.

i got a leather case made by griffin from carphone warehouse, it was £30 but i have dropped the phone etc so many times and it is still fine. good piece of kit. worth spending the money on the iphone, alot of moneys worth.

Banned

]I highly recommend these:

Dont get one that restricts access to the screen. you'll always need to press the edge at some point!

$4.95 delivered. (Got one for myself and another arrived for a mate this morning.) Available in other colours. The phone clicks into place, has access to ports etc and has a magnetic catch.

http://www.focalprice.com/upload/lpic/IP060B-1.JPG
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2486
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1521
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767390
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1115

See more discussions