iPhone continuously searching for network

Posted 25th Sep
I’ve got an iPhone 8 Plus, unfortunately it seems my SIM card or any other SIM card is not working in it.
It says that it is searching (probably for a network)
This is continuous and doesn’t stop searching. Seems to have happened after iOS 13 update.

Anyone had this issue or similar and got any tips on how to resolve the problem
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Have you updated to the latest update 13.1? If not may be worth trying that first.
_Whatever_25/09/2019 17:55

Have you updated to the latest update 13.1? If not may be worth trying …Have you updated to the latest update 13.1? If not may be worth trying that first.

I’ve tried that but won’t let me update
38543686-AitsB.jpg
Hassxn78625/09/2019 17:57

I’ve tried that but won’t let me update [Image]

Strange as can see you have a WiFi connection
_Whatever_25/09/2019 17:58

Strange as can see you have a WiFi connection

I know. So odd... probably need to go to Apple for this one
Hassxn78625/09/2019 17:59

I know. So odd... probably need to go to Apple for this one

do a restore and update with itunes
_Whatever_25/09/2019 18:01

First try contacting Apple Support see if they can help.

Ok will try that. Thanks
_Whatever_25/09/2019 18:01

First try contacting Apple Support see if they can help.

Ok will give it ago tonight thanks
Take your sim out and replace again
Bluefusion25/09/2019 18:02

Take your sim out and replace again

Tried it with a number of sims... doesn’t make a difference
Hassxn78625/09/2019 18:02

Ok will give it ago tonight thanks

No worries let us know how you get on hopefully someone else here can help
_Whatever_25/09/2019 18:04

No worries let us know how you get on hopefully someone else here can …No worries let us know how you get on hopefully someone else here can help

Will let you know. Going to test a few of the methods out tomorrow when I have access to the phone... thanks for your help!
How long have you had the phone?
Have you had it from new?
Reason I asked, I recently bought an iPhone 8 from CeX. After a few weeks the original owner reported it lost or stolen, so it got blacklisted.
Do an imei check on it.
MadSkilzYo25/09/2019 18:33

How long have you had the phone?Have you had it from new?Reason I asked, I …How long have you had the phone?Have you had it from new?Reason I asked, I recently bought an iPhone 8 from CeX. After a few weeks the original owner reported it lost or stolen, so it got blacklisted. Do an imei check on it.

Belongs to my sister. She’s had if for around 2 years now. Bought it originally from eBay
Just roll it back to 12.4

My phones got lousy signal strength after updating and they're both back on 12.4 now.
Make.Amazon.Great.Again25/09/2019 18:43

Just roll it back to 12.4My phones got lousy signal strength after …Just roll it back to 12.4My phones got lousy signal strength after updating and they're both back on 12.4 now.

How you do that pls? Hate this update
_Whatever_25/09/2019 18:04

No worries let us know how you get on hopefully someone else here can …No worries let us know how you get on hopefully someone else here can help

Did the update via iTunes on my laptop. After an agonising Wait the phone finally updated and is now working perfectly. That’s for the help
Hassxn78626/09/2019 22:52

Did the update via iTunes on my laptop. After an agonising Wait the phone …Did the update via iTunes on my laptop. After an agonising Wait the phone finally updated and is now working perfectly. That’s for the help

Glad to hear it’s all ok
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants