Groups

iPhone Crack

Hi, I have just noticed a hairline crack, coming from the charger connecter, I have heard reports of this, could I get a replacement (Bought Xmas 2009)

Thanks all

12 Comments

try taking it to an Apple Genius, as far as I am aware it is considered be a known fault and you should be able to get it fixed for free.

Original Poster

It is a 3g, is there any chance of a 3gs ? greedy i know.

Also, is it guarenteed, as I live in Carlisle, and the nearest store is Trafford Centre? and I am only 14, so would need some sort of transport, be it parents, or train.

DomWall

It is a 3g, is there any chance of a 3gs ? greedy i know.Also, is it … It is a 3g, is there any chance of a 3gs ? greedy i know.Also, is it guarenteed, as I live in Carlisle, and the nearest store is Trafford Centre? and I am only 14, so would need some sort of transport, be it parents, or train.

Maybe phone up your closest store and explain it to them, and if they say they will swap it then get them to book you into a Genius appointment so you know you will be seen when you get there.
    I don't think they make the 3G any more so you might get a reconditioned 3G or maybe 3Gs, i don't know, but make sure it's not a crack from dropping it as then you wouldn't be covered and it would be a wasted trip to the Genius.

They will exchange your handset no problem, that is providing you show no signs of abuse or neglect. Phone up Apple support and tell them that you have the charger port crack and they will book you in with a Genius.

You won't get a 3gs but you will a 3g as they do have warranty stocks still.

DomWall

It is a 3g, is there any chance of a 3gs ? greedy i know.Also, is it … It is a 3g, is there any chance of a 3gs ? greedy i know.Also, is it guarenteed, as I live in Carlisle, and the nearest store is Trafford Centre? and I am only 14, so would need some sort of transport, be it parents, or train.

Nearest store to Carlisle is Newcastle, eldon square mate

They should change it without a problem if it's in decent condition.

No chance of a 3gs though.

Will change it for you , I got my 3GS replaced for a charger crack

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I will ring the Apple Store in Newcastle, and book an appointment. Is it guarenteed I will get a new 3g ?

SuperEd

noticed mine has the charger port crack either side aswell - going to give them a ring when they open @ 12pm

SuperEd

just spoken to them said book an apointment online and they should swap it
    Edited by: "goonertillidie" 5th Sep 2010

iPhone Crack...so is that what the kids are taking nowadays?

Original Poster

Just got back from Apple Store Newcastle, got new iPhone no bother!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …23
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710953
      3. Halo 360 games now play on xbox one , free dlc11
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047124

See more discussions